Ardentown, Delaware Information
Location of Ardentown in New Castle County, Delaware.
ARDENTOWN DELAWARE Latitude and Longitude:
|• Total||0.24 sq mi (0.61 km2)|
|• Land||0.24 sq mi (0.61 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||233 ft (71 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||1,156.78/sq mi (446.97/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 ( Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer ( DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||216842 |
Ardentown was founded by Donald Stephens in 1922 as an outgrowth of Arden with a conceptual lifestyle based on Henry George's Single tax movement and William Morris’s Arts and Crafts principles. "Don" Stephens is the son of Arden's founder Frank Stephens.
Ardentown is located at (39.8084460, -75.4829752).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all of it land.
|U.S. Decennial Census |
As of the census  of 2000, there were 300 people, 136 households, and 82 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,312.8 people per square mile (503.6/km²). There were 141 housing units at an average density of 617.0 per square mile (236.7/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 93.67% White, 1.00% African American, 4.33% Asian, and 1.00% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.33% of the population.
There were 136 households out of which 20.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.5% were married couples living together, 9.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 39.0% were non-families. 30.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.08 and the average family size was 2.57.
In the village, the population was spread out with 15.0% under the age of 18, 2.3% from 18 to 24, 25.3% from 25 to 44, 34.3% from 45 to 64, and 23.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 48 years. For every 100 females, there were 80.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 73.5 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $64,286, and the median income for a family was $72,500. Males had a median income of $63,125 versus $31,875 for females. The per capita income for the village was $35,577. About 1.3% of families and 2.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under the age of eighteen and 6.0% of those sixty five or over.
Delaware Route 3 runs southwest-northeast to the west of Ardentown as Marsh Road, heading south toward Wilmington and north toward Delaware Route 92 west of Claymont. Harvey Road runs northwest-southeast along the southwest border of Ardentown and leads southeast to a partial interchange with Interstate 95, which has access to southbound I-95 toward Wilmington and access from northbound I-95 coming from Wilmington, and to U.S. Route 13 Business southwest of Claymont.  DART First State provides bus service to Ardentown along Route 11, which heads south via DE 3 and Washington Street to the Wilmington station serving Amtrak and SEPTA Regional Rail's Wilmington/Newark Line. 
Delmarva Power, a subsidiary of Exelon, provides electricity and natural gas to Ardentown.   Suez Delaware, a subsidiary of Suez North America, provides water to Ardentown.  Sewer service in Ardentown is provided by New Castle County. Trash and recycling collection in Ardentown is provided by Waste Management. 
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 25, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Ardentown". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-12-31. Retrieved 2017-02-20.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title ( link)
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Delaware Department of Transportation (2008). Delaware Official Transportation Map (PDF) (Map). Dover: Delaware Department of Transportation.
- "Routes and Schedules". DART First State. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Service Territory". Delmarva Power. Archived from the original on 2014-05-25. Retrieved August 15, 2017.
- "Gas Delivery Service Area". Delmarva Power. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Geographic Information (Map). New Castle County, Delaware. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- "Civic Committee". The Village of Arden. Retrieved June 22, 2018.