APISON TENNESSEE Latitude and Longitude:
|• Total||14.817 sq mi (38.38 km2)|
|• Land||14.812 sq mi (38.36 km2)|
|• Water||0.005 sq mi (0.01 km2)|
|Elevation||860 ft (260 m)|
|• Density||170/sq mi (64/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 ( Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer ( DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1275817|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Apison, Tennessee|
Apison is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Hamilton County, Tennessee, United States. It is a rural area east of the city of Chattanooga, and borders Ooltewah, Collegedale, and north Georgia to the south. It is part of the Chattanooga, TN– GA Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,469. 
Apison is fifteen miles from Enterprise South Industrial Park,  the location of Volkswagen North America.
In 1881 the railroad came through a small settlement, now known as Apison, that had previously had its mail delivered by horse and buggy. The town then was known as O'Brian that was assigned by the railroad officials. The name was later changed because of another Tennessee town already having the same name. Due to the large deposits of Apison shale rock found along the railroad tracks, the town was renamed to its current name. 
Apison Elementary School  is located at 10433 East Brainerd Road. Middle school and high school students may attend either East Hamilton or Ooltewah Middle School/High School.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. February 12, 2011. Retrieved April 23, 2011.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- Enterprise South Industrial Park Homepage
- Apison - Our Community Past and Present
- "X-Files Episode Locations in Tennessee". The X-Files Mapping Project. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
- Apison Elementary School web site