Andrew Alan Samwick is an American economist, who served as Chief Economist on the staff of the United States President's Council of Economic Advisors from July 2003 to July 2004.  Samwick is currently Professor of Economics at Dartmouth College (since 1994) and the director of the Nelson A. Rockefeller Center for Public Policy and the Social Sciences. He has also held teaching positions at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business. In 2009, Samwick was named the New Hampshire Professor of the Year by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.  He is also a current editor of Economics Letters.
Samwick received an A.B. summa cum laude and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa in Economics at Harvard College in 1989.  He received his Ph.D. in Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1993. At MIT, he was the recipient of several grants and fellowships including: the National Institute on Aging, Pre-doctoral Training Grant (1992–1993), the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation Fellowship (1992–1993) and the National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship (1989–1992).
Samwick has consulted for the Canadian government, the U.S. Social Security Administration, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, and the World Bank. Professor Samwick has also offered Congressional testimony on Social Security and retirement issues.
He is a research associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research and the co-organizer of its Social Security Working Group. His research interests include: finance, macroeconomics, Social Security, saving, and taxation. His work has appeared in The American Economic Review, The Journal of Political Economy and The Journal of Finance among others. In 2000, Professor Samwick was awarded Dartmouth's Karen E. Wetterhahn Award for Distinguished Creative or Scholarly Achievement. 
- "About the Director". Trustees of Dartmouth College. Archived from the original on 11 August 2007. Retrieved 15 December 2009.
- "Dartmouth economics professor wins state award". Nashua Telegraph, via the Associated Press. November 18, 2009. Retrieved 15 December 2009.
- Gatlin, Latarsha. "Dartmouth Life - Economist Andrew Samwick: New Hampshire Professor of the Year". Trustees of Dartmouth College. Retrieved 15 December 2009.
- About the Director — Rockefeller Center
- Publications by Andrew Samwick — National Bureau of Economic Research
- Andrew Samwick's Blog — Andrew Samwick's Blog about Economics, Politics, and Current Events
- Andrew Samwick publications indexed by Google Scholar
- "Andrew Samwick". EconPapers.
- "Andrew Samwick". JSTOR.