|United States Attorney for the District of Massachusetts|
|Assumed office |
December 21, 2017
|Preceded by||Carmen Ortiz|
Binghamton University, (
University of Pennsylvania Law School, ( J.D.)
Andrew Lelling is an American attorney who currently serves as the United States Attorney for the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. Prior to assuming his current role, he was the senior litigation counsel for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts. 
Lelling graduated cum laude from University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1994 and received a Bachelor of Arts in Literature & Rhetoric from Binghamton University in 1991.  Lelling clerked for Berry Avant Edenfield of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia. He went on to serve as counsel to the Assistant Attorney General at the United States Department of Justice Civil Rights Division and as an Assistant United States Attorney in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. At the time of his nomination to serve as U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts, Lelling had served for 12 years as senior litigation counsel for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts, prosecuting white collar crime, international drug trafficking, and other offenses.   He is a member of the Federalist Society and a former member of the Boston Bar Journal's Board of Editors. 
During his tenure with the U.S. Attorney's Office in Massachusetts, Lelling led the prosecution of a billion-dollar pyramid scheme that defrauded almost 2 million investors. A former executive of Telexfree was sentenced to six years in federal prison for his involvement in the scheme.  Lelling also helped prosecute Carlos Rafael, a fishing magnate known as "the Codfather" who pleaded guilty to mislabeling hundreds of thousands of pounds of fish, allowing him to illegally increase his profit margin via environmental fraud.  He successfully prosecuted several golfing buddies for trading on inside information about American Superconductor. 
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Sixth Wave of United States Attorney Nominations". The White House. September 8, 2017. Retrieved 23 October 2017. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- "Meet the U.S. Attorney". 2014-12-15. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- Metzger, Andy (September 8, 2017). "President Donald Trump nominates Andrew Lelling for top federal prosecutor in Massachusetts". MassLive. State House News Service. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- Godoy, Jody (September 18, 2017). "Boston US Atty Nominee 'Wicked Smart,' Colleagues Say". Law360. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- McDonald, Danny (September 8, 2017). "Trump nominates Andrew Lelling as Mass. US attorney". Boston Globe. Retrieved 24 October 2017.