Allison Ball Information
|Treasurer of Kentucky|
|Assumed office |
January 4, 2016
|Preceded by||Todd Hollenbach|
|Born||August 27, 1981|
|Spouse(s)||Asa James Swan|
Liberty University (
University of Kentucky ( JD)
Allison Ball (born August 27, 1981) is an American politician who serves as the Kentucky State Treasurer.
Ball earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Kentucky College of Law. She worked for the law firm Vanover, Hall & Bartley.  Ball was elected as state treasurer in the 2015 elections, defeating Rick Nelson. 
Ball lives in Prestonsburg, Kentucky.  She is married to Asa James Swan. On July 3, 2018, Ball gave birth to a son, Levi Adrian Swan, making history by becoming the first statewide officer to give birth while in office. 
|Kentucky Treasurer Republican Primary Election, 2015|
|Republican||Kenneth Churchill Imes||40,040||22.24|
|Kentucky Treasurer Election, 2015|
Ball is a ninth-generation Eastern Kentuckian and her family has resided in Eastern Kentucky since the 1790s. She is the daughter of Ron and Amy Ball and has a younger brother, Jonathan. Ball started her first business, selling pencils, at nine years old. 
Ball is a graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Law, where she served as the President of UK's Chapter of the Federalist Society. She served for four years as an Assistant Floyd County Attorney prosecuting child abuse and juvenile delinquency cases. She later worked as a bankruptcy attorney in Eastern Kentucky focused on consumer rights and commercial litigation.
Ball is married to Taylor County, KY native Asa James Swan. The couple have one child together, a son named Levi Adrian Swan. The birth of her son made Ball the first KY Constitutional Officer to give birth while in office.
- "Republican Allison Ball announces bid for state Treasurer". CN2. May 27, 2014. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- "Republican attorney Allison Ball elected state treasurer in Kentucky". WLWT. November 3, 2015. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- WKYT. "Prestonsburg native Allison Ball wins GOP nomination for Kentucky Treasurer". Archived from the original on September 27, 2015. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- Jack Brammer. "'Big announcement.' Kentucky secretary of state says she's expecting a baby boy". Lexington Herald-Leader. Retrieved July 31, 2018.
- "Q&A: Ky. State Treasurer Allison Ball is a force to be reckoned with". The Lane Report. June 14, 2016. Retrieved June 26, 2019.
Treasurer of Kentucky
|This article about a Kentucky politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|