|Submission declined on 3 January 2018 by talk). (|
This submission is not adequately supported by reliable sources. Reliable sources are required so that information can be verified. If you need help with referencing, please see Referencing for beginners and Citing sources.
Declined by 20 months ago. Last edited by DGG 37 days ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
|Submission declined on 1 November 2017 by talk). (|
Declined by 22 months ago.
This submission does not appear to be written in the formal tone expected of an encyclopedia article. Entries should be written from a neutral point of view, and should refer to a range of independent, reliable, published sources. Please rewrite your submission in a more encyclopedic format. Please make sure to avoid peacock terms that promote the subject.
|Submission declined on 10 September 2017 by talk). (|
Declined by 2 years ago.
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of music-related topics). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
- Comment: Notable. needs information and reviews of performances and recordings . DGG ( talk ) 04:17, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
- Comment: Needs secondary sources - his performances and notable appearances would ideally be discussed by an in-depth significant secondary source. They should not be sourced to primary sources individually. SeraphWiki (talk) 06:06, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
- Comment: Also, not everything is sourced to a reliable source. For example, you once cite a blog, and blogs are not reliable sources. If you cannot cite something with a reliable source, then it must be removed. RileyBugz会話投稿記録 22:00, 1 November 2017 (UTC)
Yuriy Yurchuk (born July 12, 1983) is a Ukrainian operatic singer, baritone. He was a prize winner in Queen Sonja International Music Competition (3rd place, Oslo, Norway).., Montserrat Caballe International Singing Competition (2nd place, Saragossa, Spain), Ottavio Ziino International Singing Competition (2nd place, Rome, Italy), Monastero Foundation Bel Canto competition (1st place, Chicago, USA), Fritz and Lavinia Jensen International competition (3rd place, New York, USA).
He appeared on published Opera recordings with the Royal Opera House, such as Andrea Chenier, Tales of Hoffmann , as well as in international cinema broadcasts of Madama Butterfly, La Traviata, Werther, which were broadcast to more than 1,500 cinemas across 40 countries worldwide, as well as critically acclaimed Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov Romances Album.
In 2014 - 2016 Yurchuk was a member of the Royal Opera House Jette Parker Young Artists Program, and then Royal Opera House Principal Artist since 2017. On the Royal Opera House stage his critically acclaimed roles included Mandarin (Turandot), Steersman (Tristan und Isolde), Dumas (Andrea Chénier), Prince Yamadori (Madama Butterfly), Baron Douphol (La Traviata), Germano (La scala di seta), Blazes (The Lighthouse), Angelotti (Tosca) and Johann (Werther), as well as Onegin (Eugene Onegin) and Michonet (Adriana Lecouvrer)
His other appearances include 36th Kennedy Center Honors Awards in Washington, D.C., concerts at Windsor and Buckingham Palace for the Royal family, appearances at BBC 3 radio, BBC Radio: In Tune and BBC Shakespeare Live 2017 Series, as well as for Wexford Opera Festival, Ireland and in media for Finbuzz Magazine, OperaNews, NTV, Royal Opera House.
Yuriy came to singing after a career as a financial consultant with PwC. He made his operatic debut in 2013 as Marcello in Puccini's La Bohème, followed by Ford in Verdi's Falstaff, Constable and Narrator in Kurt Weill's Threepenny Opera and Private Willis in Iolanthe with DePaul Opera Theatre and critically acclaimed Four Villains in Offenbachs Les Contes D’Hofmann with Prelude to Performance program in New York, USA.
- "NRK TV - Se Finale" (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Queen Sonja Competition Winners". The Queen Sonja International Music Competition. 2017-08-30. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "And the winner is ..." www.royalcourt.no. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "SA opera singer Levy Sekgapane wins competition in Spain". Music In Africa. 2015-09-16. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Sekgapane Wins Caballé Competition". Pizzicato (in French). Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Vincitori del 14° Concorso Lirico Ottavio Ziino - Il Villaggio Della Musica". Il Villaggio Della Musica (in Italian). 2015-11-11. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Jensen Winners". Jensen Foundation Vocal Competition. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Presto Classical - Giordano, U: Andrea Chénier - Warner Classics: 9029593779". www.prestoclassical.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Les Contes d'Hoffmann - Royal Opera House (2016) (Production - London , united kingdom) | Opera Online - The opera lovers web site". www.opera-online.com. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Madama Butterfly — Cinemas — Royal Opera House". www.roh.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "La traviata (2016) — Cinemas — Royal Opera House". www.roh.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Werther (2016) — Cinemas — Royal Opera House". www.roh.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- Desk, BWW News. "Royal Opera House Announces 2017-2018 US Cinema Series". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- Pettitt, Hugh Canning, David Cairns, Paul Driver and Stephen (2017-10-29). "On record: Classical". ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- "Yuriy Yurchuk — People — Royal Opera House". www.roh.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Alagna Leads a Wonderful Cast in the 16th Revival of Andrei Serban's Covent Garden Turandot : Seen and Heard International". Seen and Heard International. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Tristan und Isolde @ Royal Opera House, London | Classical and Opera Reviews". musicOMH. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Andrea Chénier (2015) — Cinemas — Royal Opera House". www.roh.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- Finch, Hilary. "Madama Butterfly at Covent Garden". Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Review: La traviata (Royal Opera House)". WhatsOnStage.com. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "La scala di seta, Linbury Theatre - review: A brilliant cast". The Independent. 2014-10-24. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Sorry - this page has been removed". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-09-11.[dead link]
- "The Lighthouse review at Royal Opera House, London". The Stage. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Opera Today : Tosca, Royal Opera". www.operatoday.com. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- opera, Pappano's Werther|; Says, Innit? (2016-06-20). "Massenet : Werther / Royal Opera, 19th June 2016". Opera Britannia. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "2015 Jette Parker Young Artists Summer Performance". opera, innit?. 2015-07-19. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "The 36th Kennedy Center Honors". CBS. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Yuriy Yurchuk as Schlemil - Offenbach's Les Contes d'Hoffmann with set designs by William Dudley - Offenbach's Les Contes d'Hoffmann, Opera on 3". BBC Radio 3. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Mitsuko Uchida, Rory Bremner and Jonathan Miller, Vasari Singers, Royal Opera House Young Artists, In Tune - BBC Radio 3". BBC. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Ballet, Opera and the Bard, Shakespeare Lives". BBC. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- Canning, Hugh (2017-10-29). "Opera review: Wexford festival". ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Opera Today : Wexford Festival Opera 2017". www.operatoday.com. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Wexford Festival Opera: the opening weekend's reviews". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Wexford Festival Opera 2017 Review – Margherita: Strong Production Makes Case that Foroni Could Have Challenged Verdi For Mantle of Italy's Top Composer". 2017-10-31. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- Editorial (2015-12-09). "Late bloomer: PwC manager Yuriy Yurchuk's transformation into a world-class opera singer - Finbuzz". Finbuzz. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Юрий Юрчук: «Петь, дабы не сожалеть...» | OperaNews.ru". www.operanews.ru. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- Герсон, Елизавета. "Финансист променял скучный офис на сцену Ковент-Гардена". НТВ. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Young Artist Profile: Yuriy Yurchuk – 'It's never too late to start doing something you love'". Royal Opera House. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- Schweitzer, Vivien (2013-07-14). "'Tales of Hoffmann,' Showcases Young Voices at Kaye Playhouse". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "Martina Arroyo Foundation presents Tales of Hoffmann". Brooklyn Daily Eagle. Retrieved 2017-09-11.