Number of employees
Wipro Enterprises (officially Wipro Enterprises Private Limited) is the India-based holding company that owns both Wipro Infrastructure Engineering and Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting. Wipro Enterprises is headquartered in Bangalore, India.
In 2013, Wipro demerged its IT business into a separate business entity.
Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting
Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting (WCCLG) caters to the Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) segment dealing in personal care, home care, lighting and furniture products. Established in 1945, its first product was vegetable oil, later sold under the brand name "Sunflower Vanaspati."Later the company also launched laundry bars under the brand name "787". It has gone on to sell personal care products like Santoor, Chandrika, Aramusk and Yardley, which are its toilet soap brands. It also owns the Wipro Safewash and Wipro Baby Soft ranges. WCCLG also sells lighting products that include Smartlite CFL and LED lights.
In September 2019, Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting launched Wipro Consumer Care Ventures a venture fund to invest in startups in India and Southeast Asia.
Wipro Infrastructure Engineering
Wipro Infrastructure Engineering is the hydraulics business division of Wipro Enterprises and has been in the business of manufacturing hydraulic cylinders, truck cylinders, and their components since being established in 1976. It also includes the company's industrial water treatment business. This division delivers hydraulic cylinders to international OEMs and represents the Kawasaki, Sun Hydraulics and Teijin Seiki range of hydraulic products in India. It has entered into partnerships with Kawasaki  and aerospace company EADS.
Wipro Infrastructure Engineering is considered to be one of the world's largest independent manufacturers of hydraulic cylinders. Wipro 3D, which is also a part of Wipro Infrastructure Engineering, is India's largest fully integrated metal additive manufacturing facility. Its Aerospace Business acquired Israel-based Givon in 2016.
Mergers and acquisitions
Singapore-based Unza Holdings Ltd. was acquired in 2007 for Rs. 1,010 crore.
The personal care brand Yardley from the Lornamead Group was acquired for an undisclosed amount in 2009.
Men's toiletry brand, Aramusk, was acquired in 2011. In the same year, a majority stake was acquired in Brazil-based hydraulic cylinder manufacturer RKM Equipamentos Hidraulicos. Wipro Enterprises also entered into a joint venture with Kawasaki Precision Machinery Pvt. Ltd. to manufacture hydraulic pumps for excavators in 2011.
Zhongshan Ma Er Daily Products Ltd, a Chinese FMCG company, was acquired for an undisclosed amount in 2016. In the same year, Israel's H R Givon, which manufactures metallic parts and assemblies for aerospace industry, was acquired.
A minority stake in Happily Unmarried, which is a digital-first platform that sells male and female grooming products online, was acquired in 2017. In the same year, Wipro Infrastructure Engineering tied up with Israel Aerospace Industries to manufacture compositeaerostructure parts and assemblies.
Wipro Cares is the social contribution arm of Wipro Enterprises. It is broadly engaged in areas such as education, primary healthcare, environment and disaster rehabilitation. Wipro Enterprises’ Santoor Scholarship Program contributes to girl education among the underprivileged in Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Awards and recognition
In 2010, Wipro Lighting won Design for Asia award in the product design category for its LED streetlight.
In 2016, Wipro Lighting won India Design Mark for Certified Excellence in Product Design.
In 2017, Wipro Lighting won International Diamond Prize for Excellence in Quality by European Society of Quality Research. In the same year, it won, Red Dot Design award for outstanding design, Global SSL Showcase Top100, India Design Mark for certified excellence in Product Design, and Frost & Sullivan award for LED lighting visionary innovation leadership.
In 2019 Wipro 3D won Frost & Sullivan Automotive Additive Engineering and Manufacturing award
- Agarwal, Sapna (19 April 2018). "Wipro Consumer Care scouts for acquisitions in developing countries".
- Ahmad, Samreen (13 December 2018). "This is how Wipro looks to 'WIN' the automation solutions race" – via Business Standard.
- "Wipro falls 12% as stock adjusts to demerger". The Hindu. 12 April 2013. Archived from the original on 4 March 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2019.
- "Yardley's proof of Wipro's FMCG focus". The Economic Times. Archived from the original on 18 June 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Wipro Consumer Care & Lighting to launch Glucose tablets". The Economic Times. Archived from the original on 18 June 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Podcast | Digging Deep - Giving and growing: The story of Wipro & Azim Premji". Moneycontrol.
- "Wipro sees high demand for CFL bulbs". Business Standard.
- "Company Overview of Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting Ltd". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Archived from the original on 2 May 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Wipro's Santoor is largest soap brand in South India". The Economic Times. Archived from the original on 18 June 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Wipro FMCG arm reports 26% rise in revenues on strong demand". The Financial Express. Archived from the original on 21 May 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- Prasad, Akanksha (27 November 2012). "Wipro Infrastructure Engineering seeks to double market share" – via The Economic Times.
- "Company History — Wipro Ltd". The Economic Times. Archived from the original on 12 January 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Wipro, Kawasaki in talks for hydraulic oil pumps". Business Line. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013.
- "Wipro, Kawasaki enter into a joint venture". CIOL. Archived from the original on 7 October 2012.
- "Wipro Infrastructure Engineering to set up Rs 50 cr plant in Bangalore". The Economic Times. Archived from the original on 18 June 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Wipro Infrastructure Engineering ties up with EADS arm". The Economic Times. Archived from the original on 18 June 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Azim Premji's younger son Tariq joins Wipro Enterprises board". www.businesstoday.in.
- "Pumping up the world". Made in India. Archived from the original on 22 August 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Wipro unveils new solutions centre for metal 3D printing". The New Indian Express.
- Ahmad, BS Reporter/Samreen (17 April 2018). "Wipro Consumer Care enters hair oil segment under Chandrika brand" – via Business Standard.
- "Wipro acquires North Switches for Rs 102 cr". 6 May 2006 – via The Economic Times.
- "Wipro buys Sweden's Hydrauto for $31m". 29 September 2006 – via The Economic Times.
- Malviya, Sagar (23 April 2008). "Wipro taps Unza to build product line".
- "Wipro buys Yardley's EU biz - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Wipro buys Aramusk, Moloy from VVF". 6 June 2011 – via The Economic Times.
- "Wipro, Kawasaki in pact to set up facility for hydraulic pumps". 6 December 2011 – via The Economic Times.
- Badrinath, Raghuvir (8 December 2012). "Wipro buys Singapore FMCG major for $144 mn" – via Business Standard.
- "Gigantul indian Wipro produce la Vâlcea cilindri hidraulici pentru industria auto | Ziarul Financiar".
- "Wipro Infrastructure to acquire Israel's H R Givon". 1 August 2016 – via The Economic Times.
- "Wipro Techies Participate In Marathon Run Across 125 Cities, 34 Countries". NDTV.com.
- Reporter, Staff (29 July 2016). "Wipro announces Santoor scholarship for girl students in Karnataka" – via www.thehindu.com.
- DelhiAugust 9, India Today Web Desk New; August 9, 2018UPDATED:; Ist, 2018 17:45. "Santoor Scholarship programme to offer scholarship to poor girls of Andhra, Telangana, Karnataka". India Today.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Wipro Lighting has won the Design for Asia Merit Recognition Award 2010' in the product design category for the most influential good design in Asia. The award was won for Wipro's designer LED streetlight, Orio. - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Object, object (3 April 2018). "Wipro Lighting launches 'Wider light for brighter homes' ad campaign". www.thehansindia.com.
- "Wipro Lighting launches Internet of Lighting".
- "Wipro Lighting Launches Internet of Lighting". 8 January 2018.
- MANUFACTUR3D (14 September 2019). "Wipro3D Wins Frost & Sullivan Automotive Additive Engineering and Manufacturing Technology Award". MANUFACTUR3D. Retrieved 23 September 2019.