|Draft article not currently submitted for review.
This is a draft Articles for creation (AfC) submission. It is not currently pending review. There are no deadlines as long as you are actively improving the submission. Drafts not being improved may be deleted after six months.
Note: The submission-received box will appear at the bottom of the page at first. If it's there, your draft has been submitted correctly.
Vibration Isolation and Seismic Control Manufacturers Association (VISCMA) is a global professional association (non-profit organization) engaged in the industries of seismic restraint, wind restraint, vibration isolation and noise control. This society has been involved in creating regulations, specifications, installation and testing procedures for non-structural components as defined in chapter 13 of ASCE 7-10 / 7-16 (American Society of Civil Engineers) Manual. The association provides free of charge publications in the area of seismic & wind anchorage for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) equipment. The publications have been created under a cooperative agreement with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), and National Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program (NEHRP).
VISCMA was founded as a non-profit organization in 1999 and headquartered in Wayne, Pennsylvania .
- 412 Manual: Installing Seismic Restraints for Mechanical Equipment***
- 413 Manual: Installing Seismic Restraints for Electrical Equipment***
- 414 Manual: Installing Seismic Restraints for Duct and Pipe***
***Standards available on FEMA and/ or VISCMA's website
- "ASCE 7 | ASCE". www.asce.org. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "Installing Seismic Restraints for Mechanical Equipment | FEMA.gov". www.fema.gov. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "FEMA E-74 Appendix G. Table G-1 Codes and Standards Related to Nonstructural Components | FEMA.gov". www.fema.gov. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "FEMA E-74 Appendix G. Table G-2 Guidance Documents Related to Nonstructural Components | FEMA.gov". www.fema.gov. Retrieved 2019-04-19.