Draft:Times of Assam
|Editor-in-chief||Dhruba Jyoti Deka|
|Deputy editor||Priyankan Goswami|
Times of Assam is a weekly Tabloid published from Assam, India. The tabloid was launched in 2009 and its web edition was launched in 2010.
Focus on Human Rights
From the beginning of its launch, Times of Assam continues to be a watchdog of Human Rights Violation and Conflicts in the North-Eastern states of India.
Reports and Controversy on 2018 Bangladeshi general election
Though the Times of Assam covers Indian issues, in past years, the media got involved with Bangladesh's administrative and political issues too. In 2012, reports of 'forced disappearance and massive corruption' by Sheikh Hasina government raised many questions about 'Democratic practice' by the government.
- "Witch Hunting in Assam: Practices, causes, legal issues and challenges". ResearchGate. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- Haloi, Ritumani (July 2015). "Media and Rural Development" (PDF). International Journal of Humanities & Social Science Studies (IJHSSS), A Peer-Reviewed Bi-monthly Bi-lingual Research Journal. II. eISSN 2349-6959. ISSN 2349-6711.
- Hayes, Ben (March 2012). "The Other Burma" (PDF). Conflict, Counter-insurgency and Human Rights in Northeast India: 32.
- Reddy, Jayachandra (2016). India and China Relations : Historical, Cultural and Security Issues. UGC Centre for Southeast Asian & Pacific Studies. p. 451. ISBN 978-81-926904-8-3.
- Chandran, D. Suba; Chari, P.R. (2015). Armed Conflict, Peace Audit and Early Warning 2014:Stability and Instability in South Asia. SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd. p. 440. ISBN 9789351500766.
- Sen, Arijit. "HIDDEN WARS AND HIDDEN MEDIA IN NORTHEAST INDIA" (PDF). Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism. Reuters Institute Fellowship Paper, University of Oxford.
- Bajwa, Lt Gen JS, ed. (2017). Indian Defence Review (32.3 ed.). Lancer Publishers LLC. p. 59. ISBN 978-1940988320. ISSN 0970-2512.
- Hussain, Wasbir (March 2014). "The Naxal Spread and its Local Linkages" (PDF). IPCS Special Report. 157: 13.
- Staff, FP (August 5, 2016). "Assam attacks: NDFB(S) hand suspected in Kokrajhar violence". FirstPost. Retrieved March 30, 2019.
- Correspondent, Staff (8 December 2018). "ISI working for BNP, Jamaat". Daily Sun (Bangladesh). p. 1. Archived from the original on 8 December 2018.
- Fox, Jessica (April 23, 2012). "Enforced Disappearance & Fascists in Bangladesh". Sri Lanka Guardian.
- Qadir, Nadeem (11 December 2018). Chowdhury, Dr. Jesmin (ed.). "Has Tarique met ISI chief?". The Asian Age. Express Media Ltd.