Sophie Christine Martin
Sophie Martin was born in Cherbourg, France. As a teenager she moved to Paris and started her vocational training at the Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris.
Martin joined the Scottish Ballet in 2003 under the directorship of Ashley Page. She was promoted to coryphée in 2005, soloist in 2006 and principal in 2008. In 2014 she performed at the XX Commonwealth Games opening ceremony and at the Ryder Cup Gala Concert in Glasgow. 
- The Herald Scottish Culture Awards, Outstanding Dance Performer 2019
- Sunday Herald Culture Awards, Best Dance Performer 2016
- Critic’s Circle National Dance Awards, Outstanding Female Performance (Classical) 2011
- Number 20 in The List magazine’s Hot 100 poll of influential figures in Scottish culture in December 2008
- Rizzuto, Rachel (20 May 2015). "What My Teacher Taught Me: Scottish Ballet's Sophie Martin" – via Dance Teacher.
- "Sophie Martin - Scottish Ballet". Scottish Ballet.
- Clark, Sarah (20 January 2017). "Meet The Stars Of Scotland's Performing Arts" – via VisitScotland.
- Didcock, Barry (3 April 2016). "Sophie's choice: Scottish Ballet's star dancer on tackling David Dawson's new Swan Lake" – via The Sunday Herald.
- "Ryder Cup teams welcomed to Scotland with Gala Concert".
- "Scotland's best talent celebrates the latest Herald Culture Awards". 12 July 2019.
- "Sophie Martin wins Best Dance Performer at inaugural Culture Awards - Scottish Ballet". Scottish Ballet.
- "PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News". www.pressreader.com.
- "The 12th National Dance Awards - The Critics' Circle". 23 January 2012.
- "The Hot 100 2008". 11 December 2008.