Draft:FBI International Operations Division
|Draft article not currently submitted for review.
This is a draft Articles for creation (AfC) submission. It is not currently pending review. There are no deadlines as long as you are actively improving the submission. Drafts not being improved may be deleted after six months.
Note: The submission-received box will appear at the bottom of the page at first. If it's there, your draft has been submitted correctly.
The International Operations Division (IOD) is a division within the Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. As the name suggests, the unit works to suppress foreign threats to United States national security.
The FBI LEGAT program
The FBI Legal Attache (LEGAT) program functions to ______.
Some of the main responsibilities of the International Operations Division and its personnell include:
- Managing the bureau's legal attaché offices, under the "Legat Program".
- Conducting international operations and acquiring evidence from abroad.
- Establishing and maintaining liaison with the law enforcement and security services of designated foreign countries.
- Participation in international training programs.
- Assisting foreign agencies with requests for investigative assistance in the US.