|Submission declined on 14 September 2019 by talk). (|
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of people). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
The content of this submission includes material that does not meet Wikipedia's minimum standard for inline citations. Please cite your sources using footnotes. For instructions on how to do this, please see Referencing for beginners. Thank you.
Declined by 12 days ago. Last edited by MurielMary 12 days ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
- Comment: Thanks for creating this article on Wellman. It needs more detail on why she is notable e.g. the film awards she has won. Suggest you write a paragraph on them to demonstrate her notability better. MurielMary (talk) 12:30, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
|Occupation||Filmmaker and Author|
|Known for||What's Love Got To Do With It (2019), Death As Life (2012), If The Shoe Fits, Go Barefoot (2012)|
Sofia Wellman (born September 28, 1959) is a documentary filmmaker and author. She specializes in helping people become introspective about who they are through her work; her latest film is titled What's Love Got To Do With It, a self-exploration through love.
Early life and education
Sofia Wellman was born in Youngstown, Ohio. Her parents were both first-generation Americans, and all four grandparents were born in Greece. Her mother, Maria Wellman, raised her and her two older sisters.
Wellman received her BS in business administration, with a dual degree in finance and real estate and urban land economics from The Ohio State University. She later worked on her MBA at Xavier University and Northern Kentucky University. 
When Wellman was thirty-six, she got diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, which ignited her passion and determination to navigate psychological disturbances and trauma that manifest as illness. These and other catastrophic experiences in Wellman's life made her acutely aware that self-healing is not a reactive event but needs to be a lifelong process. Wellman's fascination in human nature and energy became empowered after a meaningful trip to Tibet.
Wellman began her filmmaking and writing career in 2006. Her creative works are the book, If The Shoe Fits, Go Barefoot, and her documentary films, Death As Life, and What's Love Got To Do With It, which received multiple film festival awards.
- Wellman, Sofia (2016). What's Love Got To Do With It
- Wellman, Sofia (2012). Death As Life
- Wellman, Sofia (2012). If The Shoe Fits, Go Barefoot. Atlanta: Infinity Multimedia Productions. ISBN 9780985640903. OCLC 828092767.
- "What's Love Got To Do With It Docs Film Fest". Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "For Wellman, selling revolves around marketing". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-07-08.
- Stories, Local. "Meet Filmmaker, Author and Speaker Sofia Wellman of Brookhaven - Voyage ATL". Retrieved 2019-07-08.
- If The Shoe Fits, Go Barefoot - Audible. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- If The Shoe Fits, Go Barefoot - Amazon. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- If The Shoe Fits, Go Barefoot - Apple Books. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "Death As Life". Uscreen. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "Death As Life". Amazon. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "Death As Life". Films Media Group. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "Death As Life | Kanopy". www.kanopy.com. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "What's Love Got To Do With It". Uscreen. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- What's Love Got To Do With It - IMDb, retrieved 2019-07-08
- "LA Film Awards | July 2017". Los Angeles Film Awards. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "NYC Indie Film Awards". nycindiefilmawards.com. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "Mindfield Film Festival - Los Angeles". mindfieldfilmfest.com. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "The IndieFEST Film Awards Announces Latest Winners!". filmfestivals.com. 2017-06-16. Retrieved 2019-07-10.
- "CA PRESS". UIFF. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Winners June 2017". Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Featured Semi-Finalists". Welcome to.... Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Frack Fest OKC's Underground Multimedia Fest". Frack Fest. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Atlanta Premiere of "What's Love Got To Do With It"". Atlanta Creative Loafing. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "What's Love Got To Do With It". Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Peach v2 i07 issuu". Issuu. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|