|Industry||Business ratings and online reviews|
|Founders||Michael Lai, Jeremy Gin, Rodney Gin|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California|
|Products||Consumer-facing review website|
Sitejabber is a web-based platform for consumers to find trustworthy online businesses and avoid scams. Sitejabber was founded in 2008 in San Francisco, California and has been described as "the Yelp for websites and online businesses". Consumers create Sitejabber accounts to rate and review online businesses using an overall star-rating as well as criteria such as service, value, shipping, returns and quality. Sitejabber also publishes a blog that contains scam alerts and consumer tips based on Sitejabber reviews. The Sitejabber service has received recognition by PC Magazine and CNN. As of August 17, 2017, the site claims to receive over 2.5 million monthly visitors and have reviews of over 100,000 businesses.
According to the Sitejabber blog, the service was started in 2008 by Jeremy Gin, Rodney Gin and Michael Lai in an effort to reduce online fraud and improve online transparency.
- Wall Street Journal/MarketWatch, 3 pet medication scams — and what you can do about them
- Wall Street Journal/MarketWatch, Booking travel online? Beware of these 4 scams
- MSN Money, Hey, senior Internet surfers: Sharks are circling
- The Atlantic, The Top E-Commerce Fears
- The Chicago Tribune, Beware of work-at-home scams
- Sitejabber, HON Announce Partnership to Help Consumers Find Quality Health Websites
Reviewer & Business Community
Sitejabber accounts are free to consumers: anyone can write a review on Sitejabber and become a community member. Online businesses can also register free and paid accounts on Sitejabber where they can respond to reviews of their business and advertise.
- "About Us - Sitejabber".
- Jennifer Van Grove (21 July 2009). "Sitejabber: A Power to the People Tool for Reviewing Online Businesses". Mashable. Mashable, Inc. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Review an Online Business".
- "Sitejabber Consumer Tips & Online Scam Alerts".
- Brian Heater (16 August 2010). "The Top 100 Web Sites of 2010". PC Magazine. Ziff Davis, LLC. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Money Magazine staff (11 April 2011). "100 best money moves". CNN Money. Time Warner, Inc. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "The Founding of Sitejabber - Sitejabber Consumer Tips".
- "NSF Award Search: Award#1127567 - SBIR Phase II: Software to Automate the Detection of Websites that are Fraudulent or Otherwise Harmful to Consumers".
- Catey Hill (30 July 2014). "3 pet medication scams — and what you can do about them". MarketWatch. Dow Jones & Co. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Catey Hill (15 May 2014). "Booking travel online? Beware of these 4 scams". MarketWatch. Dow Jones & Co. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Mitch Lipka (7 July 2013). "Hey, senior Internet surfers: Sharks are circling". MSN Money. Microsoft, Inc. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Chris Good (28 September 2010). "The Top E-Commerce Fears". The Atlantic. Atlantic Media. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Diane Stafford (6 September 2010). "Beware of work-at-home scams". The Chicago Tribune. Tribune Publishing Company. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Business Wire (2 February 2010). "Sitejabber, HON Announce Partnership to Help Consumers Find Quality Health Websites". Reuters. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Registration". biz.sitejabber.com.