|Submission declined on 6 March 2019 by talk). (|
This submission is not adequately supported by reliable sources. Reliable sources are required so that information can be verified. If you need help with referencing, please see Referencing for beginners and Citing sources.
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject. Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
Declined by 6 months ago. Last edited by User-duck 6 months ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
- Comment: Please connect the references to the article. Also provide WP:THREE sources that show this location is notable. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 22:56, 6 March 2019 (UTC)
- Comment: See WP:Markup for how to mark section headings. Section headings are delimited by equal signs (=), which are used to construct the table of contents of a page. Please edit this draft as specified before resubmitting. Do not use bold face in headings.
Sankh(Postal code-416412)is a major Village in Jath Taluka in Sangli District of Maharashtra State of India with population 8447 in 2011.Historically it is also called as Saukhynagar.It belongs to Pune administrative division,particularly in western Maharashtra.It is Multipurpose hub to nearby villages like Gondhalewadi ,Asangi, Tikondi, Daribidachi,Kaganari and Ankalagi etc.
Marathi and Kannada are spoken languages.
Total area is 3814.9 hectares, Non-Agricultural area is 25 hectares and Total irrigated area is 3033.9 hectares.
Sankh has got a very beautiful and eye catching large dam built in the year 1989.
- As per Population Census 2011,village has population of 8447 of which 4418 are males while 4029 are females.
- The population of children with age 0-6 is 1058 which makes up 12.53 % of total population of village.
- Average Sex Ratio of is 912 which is lower than Maharashtra state average of 929. Child Sex Ratio as per census is 856, lower than Maharashtra average of 894. village has lower literacy rate compared to Maharashtra. In 2011, literacy rate of was 70.40 % compared to 82.34 % of Maharashtra. Male literacy stands at 77.16 % while female literacy rate was 63.06 %.
- Schedule Caste (SC) constitutes 11.19 % while Schedule Tribe (ST) were 2.11 % of total population.
- Out of total population, 3623 were engaged in work activities. 78.77 % of workers describe their work as Main Work (Employment or Earning more than 6 Months) while 21.23 % were involved in Marginal activity providing livelihood for less than 6 months. Of 3623 workers engaged in Main Work, 1040 were cultivators (owner or co-owner) while 1247 were Agricultural labors.
Sankh village is administrated by Grampanchayat headed by Sarpanch with body of elected members.Gramsabha is actively participating in affairs of Grampanchayat.
Recently Uppar Tahsil Karyalaya hes been set up by dividing Jath tehsil under which 67 villages are administered. Post office,PWD office,Maharashtra police chowki, Sachivalay are other government offices.
Economy and Cultural
- Commercial Banks,Cooperative Banks, Agricultural Credit Societies actively participate in improving rural life.
- Mandis/Regular Market and Weekly Haat are specialities.
- Major crops grown are grapes, pomegranate, sugarcane, Toor, Jawar, Bajara, Ground nut etc.
- Small businesses and animal husbandry play important role in rural life of people.
- Guru Basaveshwar math.
- Laxmi(Layavvadevi) temple-This temple is at least 900 hindered years old. It is believed that Amajeppa Gouda worshiped godess Layganga devi of nearby village named Kagnari for so many years.Once due to heavy rains,Bore river of Sankh was heavily flooded then he crossed the river in an amazing way,because of this the Goddess impressed by his Bhakti and came with him to village, thats why historically village was also called as Soukhyanagar.
- Hanuman and Mahadev temples-900 hundered years old.
- Neelambika Basveshwar Mandir- It is also about 900 Hindered years old. It is believed that Shivsharane Danammadevi And Somlingeshwar marriage ceremony was held at Sankh. For this ceremony it is said that God Basavanna and Godess Neelambike came to village and stayed for some days. thats why In memory of their visit the temple was built.
- Mahalingaray temple khandnal is also popular in natives.
Single Popular Mosque located at center of Village and Hajrat Khawaja Junnes Rh.Darga Karjagi is at nearest distance.
Yatras and Mahostava are celebrated on the occasion of festivals.
Health and Education
- Government hospital is primary source for health.Now private health centers contributing to heath profile of village population.
- Active Govt.Veterinary Hospital at Locality
- Schools and colleges
- Shri Guru Basav vidyamandir and Jr.college sankh. Now it is Mahavidyala and leading educational institution which offers B.Sc.,B.A. and D.Ed.Courses.
- Rajaram Bapu Patil college sankh.
- YCM open university center Sankh.
How to reach
It is located at 35 KM from Jath city,118 KM from District head quarters Sangli and 40 KM from Vijaypur city of Karnataka. 413 KM from State capital Mumbai.Pune is nearest metro city.
Khandnal ( 5 KM ) , Asangi ( 8 KM ) , Tilyal ( 8 KM ) , Tikondi ( 9 KM ) , Daribidachi ( 10 KM ) are the nearby Villages to Sankh. Sankh is surrounded by Bijapur Taluka towards South , Mangalvedhe Taluka towards North , Indi Taluka towards East , Sangola Taluka towards west .
Jath,Sangli,Miraj,Vijaypur ,Sangola ,Mangalvedha ,Pandharpur are the near by Cities to Sankh.
Solapur Railway Station , Miraj Junction , Vijayapur Railway Station, Arag Railway Station,Ibrahimpur Railway Station (near to Bijapur) are the Rail way stations reachable from near by towns. Now direct trains are available from Mumbai and Pune rail junctions upto Vijaypur city.
Jath Sangli,Athani (Karnataka) ,Vijaypur , Miraj , Solapur are the nearby cities having good road connectivity.