|Submission declined on 13 January 2018 by talk). (|
The content of this submission includes material that does not meet Wikipedia's minimum standard for inline citations. Please cite your sources using footnotes. For instructions on how to do this, please see Referencing for beginners. Thank you.
Declined by 22 months ago. Last edited by WOSlinker 3 months ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
|Submission declined on 6 December 2017 by talk). (|
Declined by 23 months ago.
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of people). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
- Comment: This page needs multiple reliable secondary sources independent of the subject. Nothing applied to this page meets that standard. It's possible this subject will never meet the standard. The threshold for web personalities is necessarily high. Successful sourcing means some kind of magazine, web-based or not. TV coverage. Professionally written content. YouTube videos are not reliable sources, the content being user created. See WP:IRS. This being the Biography of a living person (see WP:BLP), anything controversial NOT sourced adequately can be deleted immediately. I'm not doing that; it's possible you can find something. BusterD (talk) 07:27, 13 January 2018 (UTC)
|Occupation||YouTuber, Rapper, Dancer|
|Relatives||George Purdy (brother)|
Roy Purdy (born February 25, 1998) is a YouTube personality and musician/rapper, who gained fame in mid-2017 with his dance parody of the song Magnolia by Playboy Carti. He has also released songs that he composed himself and runs a non-profit online catalog. He is most commonly known for his dance move which most people call the "Roy Purdy Dance."
Purdy was born in Appleton and resided with his younger brother, George, and two parents in his early years. He attended Appleton North High School during his teenage life. After graduating, he took a year at the University Of Colorado Boulder for Film Studies.
Purdy began recording original songs during when he was in 9th grade and began producing more music in his later years.
One of his notable songs is called "Guacamole" which was released in March 2016.. The video features Purdy dancing in a grocery store while singing about himself. Another notable song he released was "Pink & Green" which was released in August 2017 .
In November 2017, Purdy released a track called "Livin These Days."
Social media videos
Purdy began uploading videos of himself skateboarding and performing numerous tricks in late 2012.
A few years later, he began uploading videos of himself dancing to music in public, as well as skits with his brother, George, filming most of his videos. A few of his videos include his Running Man Challenge video where he is seen doing the dance, his Banana series where he goes to places including a Walmart and dances in a banana costume, and his most famous to date, his Milly Rock video
In 2017, Purdy posted a video of himself receiving and dancing with his YouTube Play button he received in the mail. In this video, Purdy calls his Play button his "best friend" and performs everyday activities with it. In one scene of the video, Purdy is skateboarding and attempts a trick. Unfortunately, Purdy falls and his play button goes down with him. When Purdy looks at the Play button, he sees it was destroyed in the fall. Purdy then cries because he destroyed his first YouTube award.
In most of Purdy's videos, he is skating and dancing. His most common and well-known dance move is his side to side dance move where he shakes his head side to side, swings his arms side to side, and bends his legs side and side to the ground. Many people have attempted to replicate this move to no avail.
Roy Purdy Clothing
In 2016, Purdy established his own, non-profit online catalogues, with one selling various shirts, sweaters, dad hats and the like, while the other is his exclusive sock store. He often wears his clothing in his music videos as well as his dancing videos.
His intention on creating these catalogs was to spread positivity by designing clothing that represents positive influence. A couple of his top-selling merchandise is his "Love > Hate" collection, which includes sweaters, hats, and shirts which a colorful "Love > Hate" is imprinted on the merchandise, and his "Good Vibes Only" apparel, which includes shirts, hats and sweaters with the "Good Vibes Only" and his "signature glasses" imprinted on the shirts and sweaters.
Roy Purdy's "signature glasses" are pink and green sunglasses in two triangle-type shapes. Roy ofter wears these glasses in his videos. His glasses, pink hat, pink Thrasher shirt, "cool pants," and Old Skool Vans build his signature look. Roy is known for wearing very colorful and bright clothing in his videos.
|"Lost Nights"||2014||Non-album single|
|"24 Things I Love"||2015|
|"ICY LIKE ICE CREAM"|
|"I Think I've Got To/Please Don't"
(feat. Maddi Rin)
|"When We Were Kids"|
|"Cash Me Outside (Remix)"||2017|
|"Pink & Green"|
|"Livin These Days"|
- Roy Purdy (2016-03-23), ROY PURDY - "GUACAMOLE" (Super Awesome Music Video), retrieved 2017-10-30
- Roy Purdy (2017-08-25), ROY PURDY - PINK AND GREEN, retrieved 2018-01-12
- "An Interview with Roy Purdy: The Dancing Mannequin Head Guy".
- Roy Purdy (2017-05-29), IN NEW YORK I MILLY ROCK, retrieved 2018-01-12
- Roy Purdy (2017-08-10), playbutton Check
|url=value (help), retrieved 2018-01-12
- Shop, ROY PURDY. "Home". ROY PURDY Shop. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Roy Purdy". Strideline Store. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "ROY PURDY". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-10-30.