|Submission declined on 28 November 2019 by talk). (|
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines for academics). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
Declined by 30 days ago. Last edited by Harshil169 30 days ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
- Comment: Most of the references used are primary sources and works of him which are not enough to pass GNG. Refer to WP:PRIMARY, WP:GNG and WP:RS. Regards, Harshil want to talk? 02:52, 28 November 2019 (UTC)
Dr. Ramprabhu Rajah Arunachalam is a Professor of Veterinary Medicine at Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. He is currently the General Secretary of the Indian Society for Veterinary Medicine and the Head of Veterinary Clinical Complex, Veterinary College and Research Institute, Tirunelveli. His research expertise is ruminant medicine, veterinary internal medicine, and large animal internal medicine.
Ramprabhu obtained his Bachelors in Veterinary Medicine (BVSc) from Veterinary College and Research Institute, Namakkal. He graduated with Master's in Veterinary Medicine from Madras Veterinary College, Chennai in 1994 and obtained his PhD. in Veterinary Clinical Medicine, Ethics and Jurisprudence from Madras Veterinary College, Chennai in 2001 where he worked with Prof. P. Dhanapalan. His graduate studies were supported by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Junior Research Fellowship(1992).
From 2011, Dr. R Ramprabhu is serving as the Founding Head of newly established Teaching Veterinary Clinical Complex, VCRI Tirunelveli. He was instrumental in establishing various units of the Veterinary Clinical Complex viz. Medicine Unit, Surgery Unit and Obstetrics and Gynecological Unit. In addition to the various clinical units, he established electronic medical record system in the field of animal healthcare which is first of its kind in Indian veterinary college hospitals.
Prof. Ramprabhu along with Washington State University organised two International Workshops on Ruminant Production System and Small Animal Reproduction. He has played crucial roles in several editions of the Annual Convention of the Indian Society for Veterinary Medicine (ISVM). He was instrumental in bringing ISVM Annual Conference to VCRI Tirunelveli in 2017, the first of its kind in the newly established veterinary college.
Dr. R Ramprabhu served as a member of the Board of Governors of Aavin Limited (Kanyakumari). He played a crucial role in Tamil Nadu government's Animal Birth Control Program(ABC) during 2014 to 2016.
Teaching and Research
Prof. Ramprabhu specializes in Veterinary Clinical Medicine, Ethics and Jurisprudence. He has published nearly 119 peer-reviewed research papers. He has authoured over 18 books on Veterinary Clinical Management and others. His works has been published in International Journal on Animal Sciences, Veterinarski Arhiv, Israel Journal of Veterinary Medicine, and Buffalo Journal.
He is a Principal Scientist in Blue Tongue Virus Epidemics Project in collaboration with the Center of Ecology and Hydrology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom. He has also collaborated with National Research Centre on Equines, NABARD and Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation on various projects. He was instrumental in standardizing ultrasonographic techniques for the diagnosis of traumatic reticuloperitonitis and allied syndrome in cattle, andglutaraldehyde coagulation test for the field diagnosis of TRP in cattle.
Prof. R Ramprabhu has handled all courses in Veterinary Medicine and has also acted as external examiner for various universities across India. He also instituted three academic awards for outstanding undergraduates students in Veterinary Clinical Medicine at VCRI Tirunelveli.
Selected Honors and Distinctions
- Dr. D C Blood Gold Medal for Outstanding Contribution to Veterinary Medicine (2012) by ISVM
- Shri Mathunga Jain Gowraksath Mandali Gold Medal for Bovine Medicine (2005)
- ICAR Junior Fellowship by Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Best Poster Presentation in Equine and Pack Animal Medicine (2018) in ISVM National Symposium
- Best Poster Presentation in Wild, Zoo and Exotic Animals (2017) in ISVM National Symposium
- Best Oral Presentation Award in Equine Practice in the 5th International Conference Case Conference (2013)
- Best Research Article Award by IJVM (2004)
- Best Clinical Article Award by ISVM (2002)
- "TANUVAS Faculty Personal Page| Dr R Ramprabhu". www.tanuvas.ac.in. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- "ISVM Executive Members".
- "Research Gate| Dr. R Ramprabhu".
- "Welcome to TAMILNADU VETERINARY & ANIMAL SCIENCES UNIVERSITY(TANUVAS)". www.tanuvas.ac.in. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- "TANUVAS News Letter" (PDF).
- College, Veterinary; TIRUNELVELI, Research Institute Sankarankovil Highway; India, Tamil Nadu 627358. "35 Annual Convention of Indian Society for Veterinary Medicine AND National Symposium on INNOVATIVE TECHNIQUES, EMERGING ISSUES AND ADVANCEMENT IN VETERINARY MEDICINE TO MEET THE CHALLENGES: PRESENT AND THE FUTURE". www.mypadnow.com. Retrieved 2019-09-08.
- "Google Scholars".
- "VCRI Tirunelveli with University of Oxford".