PiperWai is an American deodorant brand. It was featured on Shark Tank in December 2015 and received an offer from Barbara Corcoran. The product experienced the "Shark Tank effect" and sold out within five minutes of airing, with more than $1 million in sales over the next month. The company's founders, Sarah Ribner and Jess Edelstein, did not accept Corcoran's offer after a year of negotiations and became self-funded.
The name "PiperWai" comes from a combination of Edelstein's family dog's name, Piper, and a Guyana tribe called the Wai Wai. The brand is best known for developing all-natural deodorant made from charcoal, which was created in a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania kitchen. Edelstein gave the product to Ribner to test during a trip to South America in November 2013.
Afterward, Edelstein and Ribner received a $2,000 loan from their parents to produce the raw materials and develop a website. PiperWai was co-founded by Ribner and Edelstein in March 2014. In spring 2015, they raised $27,000 through a crowdfunding campaign for a branding redesign. PiperWai has more than retail distribution in more than 200 independent lifestyle boutiques and has 200,000 customers. PiperWai has received press from many media outlets and regularly frequents as a top choice of HSN with on air personality Noel Elie as their spokesmodel and wellness expert. 
The formula uses activated charcoal powder, which rubs clear and doesn't discolor clothing. According to Edelstein, it can be absorbed hundreds of times its own weight in moisture. It is applied in a pea-sized amount from a jar straight onto the armpit. Other ingredients include cocoa butter, Shea butter, vitamin E, magnesium hydroxide, baking soda, and a proprietary blend of 11 essential oils.
- "How Barbara Corcoran helped keep this all-natural deodorant company from becoming a stinker". CNBC. 25 September 2017. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "Barbara Corcoran Wiki: Everything to Know about Keo Motsepe's Partner on "DWTS" 2017". Earn the Necklace. 19 September 2017. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "How to Satisfy Your Customers When Your Product Is Delayed". Entrepreneur. 28 July 2017. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "Barbara Corcoran shares the best advice she gave 'Shark Tank' entrepreneurs who made $2 million in 3 months". Business Insider. 17 March 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- Nicolle Mackinnon. "The Business of Wellness: What Happened After PiperWai Turned Down Their Shark Tank Deal". Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "The Interview: Philly's PiperWai team: Out of the 'Shark Tank' into the fame". The Inquirer. 14 August 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "PiperWai After 'Shark Tank': Grew Over 4,000% to $4 Million in Revenue". Heavy. 22 July 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "How Two Deodorant Entrepreneurs Won Big on 'Shark Tank'". TIME. 25 July 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "How to Satisfy Your Customers When Your Product Is Delayed". Generocity. 24 January 2017. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "A deodorant dream has a dream debut". The Inquirer. 20 December 2015. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "This 4-Minute Ad for an All-Natural Deodorant Is About as Different as the Product Itself". Adweek. 25 May 2017. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "Natural deodorant: 'a million-dollar idea'". The Temple News. 19 January 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2017.