Osmodrama: from the Greek osme (smell) and the ancient Greek dráma (plot), describes the performance of time-based olfactory art using the experimental scent-playing ‘organ’ Smeller 2.0, as well as the festival Osmodrama – Storytelling with Scents.
Osmodrama – Storytelling with Scents, the first festival of kinetic scent performance took place from 15 July 2016 to 18 September 2016 in the St. Johannes Evangelist Church in the centre of Berlin. Visitors experienced different stagings of odour sequences. The program included readings, concerts, scent-synchronised films, workshops, panel discussions with international artists and cultural workers as well as researchers and scientists. Other contributors to the festival included Omer Fast, Eva Mattes, Carl Stone, Julia Kissina, Nikola Madzirov, Hanns Hatt, Geza Schön, Stephen Crowe, Simon van der Geest, Phill Niblock, Sam Auinger, Aisha Orazbayeva, Tom Jackson, Samuel Stoll, Filip Caranica and The Berlin Improvisers Orchestra.
The festival Osmodrama – Storytelling with Scents was realized in cooperation with the International Literature Festival Berlin, the Radialsystem V, by sponsors such as the Ernst Schering Foundation and by crowdfunding.
- 2012 – OK Center for Contemporary Art at OÖ Kulturquartier in Linz/Austria in the major exhibition „Sinnesrausch“ (Sensory Sensation) with allegedly 77k visitors in 3 months. The OÖ Kulturquartier and OK Center was coproducing the production, premiere and Beta-Testing of Smeller 2.0 in 2012.
- 2016: Osmodrama, St.-Johannes-Evangelist-Kirche, Auguststr. 90, Berlin (in cooperation with Radialsystem V and International Literaturefestival Berlin).
- 2018: Osmodrama, Martin Gropius Bau, Berlin. „Quarter Autocomplete“ / Osmodrama via Smeller 2.0 Installation and Synosmy by Wolfgang Georgsdorf.
Osmodrama in the media
There is an increasing number of reports on Osmodrama internationally by broadcasters such as the BBC (British Broadcasting Cooperation), the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Cooperation), Marketplace, websites such as The Outline, perfume politics, JASTS (Japanese Association for the Study of Taste and Smell) and by print media such as die ZEIT and the Süddeutsche Zeitung.
On May 6, 2017, the US Institute for Art and Olfaction honored Osmodrama with the Sadakichi Award for Experimental Work with Scents. 2013: Outstanding Artist Award (by the Austrian Ministry of Culture) for Smeller 2.0.
- "Osmodrama – Storytelling with Scents". Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "Osmodrama – Ein Konzert für Nase und Hirn". Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Summerschool Human Olfaction 2017". Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Kunst für die Nase (art for the nose)". Retrieved 4 March 2019.
- "the body electric". Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "Full excerpt of Smeller 2.0 on CBC -twtw- Canada". Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "Smells-- coming soon to a theatre near you?". Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- "Welcome to the cinema of smells". Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "perfumepolitics blogspot". Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Jasts". Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Die Wahnsinnlichkeitsmaschine". Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Das Drama Aroma". Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "The Art and Olfaction Award". Retrieved 15 February 2019.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (April 2019)