|Died||20 August 1771|
Ondiveeran came from the Arunthathiyar community and is viewed by them as a hero. Pressure from the Arunthathiyars led the Government of Tamil Nadu to build a memorial to him in Tirunelveli district. The community's efforts to obtain a monument included public protests. The foundation stone for the memorial was laid in 2011.
When Poolithevan was saddened by seeing Ondiveeran's chopped hand, he was cheered by Ondiveeran saying that he is considering that as a gift. Just because, he was able to penetrate into enemy's fort and made many heads rolling, and just made them run for their life. What can give more pleasure to him than serving his friend and king Poolithevan? He was a brave warrior and great commander_in chief .
- "Ondiveeran remembered". The Hindu. Retrieved 21 August 2016.
- "'Garden of Classical Tamil' work to be taken up soon". The Hindu.
- The Fire Against Untouchability.
- "CPM activists block road". The Hindu.
- Staff Reporter. "Foundation stone laid for memorial". The Hindu.