|This is a draft article. It is a work in progress open to editing by anyone. Please ensure core content policies are met before publishing it as a live Wikipedia article. |
Mohannad Talal AlKalash is a Saudi Arabian experienced professional and accomplished leader with more than 15 years of applied and mixed experience in Cyber Security, Enterprise Resource Planning, Unified Communications, building new Data Center initiatives and Infrastructure. Mohannad translates business objectives to strategical and practical programs by building relationships, motivating and developing talent while managing thirrd party partners and suppliers to align behind his vision. Mohannad succeeded in building large Cyber Security Capacity Development  for several Security & Defense Organizations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and throughout the GCC  He presently serves as a Territory Manager of National, Cyber and Military Sector for Cisco Systems, Inc.
He is currently responsible for establishing and maintaining Relationship of Cyber Security vision, strategy, and programs to secure and enable the Digital Transformation journey in support of Saudi Vision 2030 for the national Cyber and Military Sector. This includes ensuring and maintaining the resiliency and protection of core infrastructure (representing more than 40% of KSA critical network infrastructure), Human capital development on special cyber security programs, enable digital services and privacy of customers’ data in accordance with international security framework like NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, HIPAA in addition to local regulations from CITC and NCA.
Being one of the team who contributed to the “Second Chance” initiative as part of giving back to the community, a collaboration was established with Prisons General Directorate in Saudi Arabia to build an information technology academy to aid prisons in getting said international degree and assisting them in having decent career during phase 1. Nonetheless, the whole initiative is designated to build 16 centers in 16 different cities across the country. The program is devoted to teach 6000 trainees in the upcoming 6 years. Victoriously, the first center has already been built in Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia and the training is ongoing.
Mohannad has global exposure to organizations in different verticals and industries, including Cyber Authority, Military, National Security, telecommunications, financial services, education and government. He is recognized as a contributor on strategic cyber security initiatives in KSA. Throughout his career; Mohannad has successfully established several cyber security operation centers including building advance forensics malware investigations labs, threat intelligence and management practices for organizations within the GCC region, this includes (but not limited to) technical architecture, design, implementation, operation and training. His contributions to national cyber security continues to be leveraged as an advisor to several key government agencies.
He helped pioneer the establishment of the first world class Managed Security Service Center (Raqeeb) in Saudi & GCC in 2007 announced under the patronage of the Minister of MCIT. Mohannad is a regular speaker, panelist and contributor to cyber security and other [ICT] events and conferences and was both a moderator and architect of the 2018 Hackathon which led to internship opportunities for the winning teams at STC.
Moreover, he was the Key Account Manager to sign a Memorandum of Understanding between the National Center of Digital Certification and Oracle for building a national digital certification center. Which allows public sector organizations to exchange data across secure network over the internet using Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
He also was responsible for the signage of the enterprise agreement to support the General Authority of Zakat and Tax with Oracle solutions and services to optimize and enable the zakat and tax applications which serve national organizations within Saudi Arabia to submit their tax applications online.
In addition, he was in the advisory board in the MENA Information Security Conference (MENA ISC) 2018 and will also be participating in 2019 held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The event runs for two days discussing combating cyber threats as well as incorporating Machine Learning and AI in Cyber Threat. Over and above, he was the main communicator throughout the event.
Furthermore, He was one of the chosen speakers in Kuwait Military communications and information systems conference and exhibition MILCIS. He spoke about Cyber Security and Infrastructure Intelligence and how it was designed to assist the understanding of client operation challenges, adhering to compliance regulations and secure computing infrastructure. It also focuses on the main building blocks that at many times get neglected and how enterprises can develop better strategies towards them.
- Mohannad holds a Diploma of Technical Support from Technology College Riyadh College of Technology in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- A Bachelor of Computer Network Systems from The Applied Science University Applied Science Private University, Amman, Jordan with a Dean’s Recommendation of Honors.
- He is currently completing post graduate studies in Global Master of Business Administration from University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom.
- He Attended number of leadership programs with ORACLE and CISCO, furthermore; he has a broad range of industry leading cyber security professional certifications.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional – CISSP
- Certified Information Security Manager – CISM
- Personal Leadership & Influence Program
- ToGAF 9 certified OpenGroup
- ISO 27001 Lead Implementer certified from BSI
- ISO/IEC 27002 certified from Exin Inc.
- CCNA Security certified from Cisco
- Project+ certified from CompTIA
- CCDA certified from Cisco
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management from Exin Inc.
- Security+ certified from CompTIA
- Network+ certified from CompTIA
- Course in NLP Neuro Linguistic Programming in Ibrahim Elfiky Academy
- Symantec Certified Security Professional
- Benhabib and Spiegel (1994). "The role of human capital in economic development". Journal of Monetary Economics: 2.