|Genre||Children’s television series|
|Created by||Aki Kondo|
|Opening theme||“We Can Do It If We Try”|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of seasons||2|
|Running time||5 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Sony Creative Products|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Television|
|Original network||Milkshake! (Channel 5)|
|First shown in||Japan|
|Original release||June 30, 2013 –|
The series is based on a picture book published in 2008 created by the Japanese illustrator Aki Kondo with Misseri Studio.
The series represents stop-motion designs made of cotton wool, featuring a white bunny named Mofy. She is a sweet and shy rabbit who goes on daily adventures to help her to understand and cope with her emotions.
Takehiko Ohya, the manager of Global Business Group Licensing and Sony Creative Products says:
“With an established appeal in a number of kawaii markets, not to mention excellent ratings on one of the UK’s most popular children’s programming strands, the time is right to announce the expansion of Mofy’s presence in Europe – and where better to do so than at BLE? We look forward to meeting potential partners at BLE and telling them more about this uniquely appealing property.”
The merchandise had been releasing apps, books and magazines, sticker books, digital publications, and, of course, plush, stationery, back to school, bedding, bags and purses, personal care items, DVDs, apparel, activity books, games, puzzles, toys and accessories. The appeal promoted with magazines, shopping malls, celebrities and retail corners as well as popular Mofy-themed live appearances, special events and even exhibitions. This success has now been transitioned to international marketplaces.
The series is originally shown in Channel 5's preschool block, Milkshake! in the United Kingdom. The series is also shown on Australian Broadcasting Company’s ABC Kids in Australia, and Jeem TV in Arabia. NBCUniversal’s Universal Kids acquired the series in the United States ran as the channel’s shorts in May 20, 2019. In the United States, the show runs on Nick Jr.’s Noggin video subscription service app.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2018-09-07). "BLE Preview: Rainbow's 'Winx Club,' '44 Cats' and SCP's 'Mofy'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2014-12-04). "'Mofy' Season 2 Launches, Season 3 on the Way". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2019-07-18.
- "Milkshake cottons on to Mofy". C21media. Retrieved 2019-07-18.
- "Mofy". JeemTV. Retrieved 2019-07-18.
- Skilton, Alison (2019-06-10). "Japan's Mofy Bows in the U.S." TVKIDS. Retrieved 2019-07-18.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2019-06-19). "Universal Kids Nixes Original Content Division". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2019-07-18.
- Zahed, Ramin (2019-06-10). "News Bytes: Sherlock Holmes Spinoff, Kids' Planet, Space Yoghurt, Emile Awards, Mofy and More". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2019-07-18.
- "Noggin, Nickelodeon's Video Subscription Service for Preschoolers, Expands to Roku Devices". Streaming Media Magazine. Retrieved 2019-09-13.