Draft:Matthew Tee Kai Woon
|Submission declined on 29 May 2019 by talk). (|
This submission does not appear to be written in the formal tone expected of an encyclopedia article. Entries should be written from a neutral point of view, and should refer to a range of independent, reliable, published sources. Please rewrite your submission in a more encyclopedic format. Please make sure to avoid peacock terms that promote the subject.
Declined by 3 months ago. Last edited by Chucarmen.bp 44 days ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
Matthew Tee Kai Woon
At 44th (IFAWPCA)
|Born||25th of November 1975|
|Occupation||Executive Director of Bina Puri Holdings Bhd|
Datuk Matthew Tee Kai Woon is the Group Executive Director of Bina Puri Holdings Bhd, a Malaysian conglomerate which is public listed company on Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (KLSE) with core businesses in civil and building engineering management, property development, quarry operations, utilities and highway concession. He set foot at Bina Puri in December 2003 as Special Assistant to the Group Managing Director, later on appointed as Executive Director on 1 December 2009 and was eventually re-designated as Group Executive Director on 7 March 2013.
At Bina Puri Group he manages and run a third generation of family business in the construction industry and has been aggressively diversifying the company’s core construction business into recurring income models including Highway concession, Power utility, and property development. He is also an Executive Director of KL-Kuala Selangor Expressway or LATAR Expressway, a 33km highway, a Independent Non-Executive Director and a member of Audit Committee of Chin Teck Plantations Berhad, and Director of PT Megapower Makmur Tbk listed in the Indonesia Stock Exchange.
Tee Kai Woon was born on 25th of November 1975. His father, Tee Hock Seng, is the group managing director of Bina Puri Holdings Berhad. He pursued his interest further by graduating with a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Auckland before completing a CPA program from Australia. He is also a Certified Financial Planner (Financial Planning Association of Malaysia).
In his early career, he was a Business Services Accountant in Marsden B. Robinson Chartered Accountants (New Zealand) from 1998 to 1999, then he worked in the audit department at PricewaterhouseCoopers from 1999 to 2001, later at Chinese Maternity Hospital as an Administrator from 2001 to 2003 before joining Bina Puri. 
Government advisory positions
- Board Member, Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB).
- Board Member, Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT).
- Chairman of Board Audit Committee, Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT).
- Member, National Science Council (NSC).
- Board of Advisory, Construction Labour Exchange Centre Berhad (CLAB).
Prestige construction industry positions
- President, Master builders Association of Malaysia (MBAM) for terms 2012-2014 and 2014-2016.
- 44th President, International Federation of Asian and Western Pacific Contractors' Association (IFAWPCA).
- Honorary Treasurer General, Malaysian Steel Structural Association (MSSA).
- Council Member, Road Engineering Association of Malaysia (REAM) for term 2017-2019.
- Member, Advisory Committee on Hotel and Tourism Management by the Chinese University of Hong Kong(CUHK) for term 2017-2018.
Royal orders and conferment’s
On 14th October 2016, the Yang di-Pertua Negeri of Melaka Mohd Khalil Yaakob made Matthew Tee Kai Woon a Companion Class II of Melaka (Malay: Darjah Pangkuan Seri Melaka, D.P.S.M), which entitles its holder to the title Datuk'.
- 'Property CEO Award, International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI, Malaysian Chapter)' (2018).
- ‘Highly Commended Residential Renovation for Main Place Mall and Residence (APPA, Asia Pacific Property Awards).
- ‘Highly Commended Commercial Renovation for Main Place Mall and Residence (APPA, Asia Pacific Property Awards).
- "Executive Director". Latar. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Board of Directors and Key Senior Management". chinteck. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "BOARD PROFILE". megapowermakmur. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Bina Puri unit makes strong debut on Indonesian bourse". www.nst.com.my. Bernama. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- "Matthew Tee FCPA (Aust.)". CPA Australia Ltd. 2019-07-30. Retrieved 2019-07-30.
- Staff writer(s) (2018-11-18). "Building success based on integrity". The Star Malaysia. Daily newspaper. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Bina Puri Holdings Bhd (BPURbi.KL)". Reuters. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Spearheading Construction Transformation" (PDF). Parlimen Malaysia. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "who are we". MIGHT. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Datuk Matthew Tee Kai Woon President". ifawpca2018. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Towards A Safer & Healthier Industry" (PDF). www.cidb.gov.my. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- "Interior specialists to the fore". thestar. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Bina Puri eyes IPO of Indonesian unit to recoup investment". theedgemarkets. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Tee to lead international contractors' federation". thestar. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Digitalised procurement system to be implemented in 2020, says Works Minister". thesundaily. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "MSSA 5TH COUNCIL MEETING". The Malaysian Structural Steel Association (MSSA). Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Construction Law Conference" (PDF). aiac.world. Retrieved 2019-06-25.
- "Advisory Committee on Hotel and Tourism Management". the Chinese university of Hong Kong. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- "Recipients of Medals, Star and Medal". istiadat. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- "Nine recognized at prestigious 26th Malaysia Property Award". theborneopost. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "Asia Pacific 2016 Award Winners". propertyawards. Retrieved 2019-06-12.
Category:1975 births Category:Living people Category:People from Selangor Category:Malaysian people of Hokkien descent Category:Malaysian people of Chinese descent Category:Malaysian businesspeople Category:Malaysian business executives
|Review waiting, please be patient.
This may take 8 weeks or more, since drafts are reviewed in no specific order. There are 4,341 pending submissions waiting for review.