Draft:Matthew Gould (footballer)
|Submission declined on 31 July 2019 by talk). (|
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines for sports persons and athletes). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
Declined by 57 days ago. Last edited by Number 57 57 days ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
- Comment: Has not played in a fully-professional league or for a senior international team. Number 57 18:30, 31 July 2019 (UTC)
Gould began his club career with New Zealand top division side Hawkes Bay United in July 2011 before moving to Armadale F.C. of the National Premier Leagues Western Australia in February 2014 where he made 26 appearances.
On 1 July 2018, Gould joined for Spennymoor Town on a free transfer.
Over the course of the 2018-19 season, Gould made 50 appearances for Spennymoor and kept 20 clean sheets which contributed to their fourth place finish in the National League North. They went on to reach the play-off final against Chorley. The match finished 1-1 after extra time, with Gould saving two penalties in the 4-3 penalty shootout defeat.
Matthew Gould is the son of former Coventry City, Celtic and Scotland goalkeeper, Jonathan Gould and grandson of former Coventry City player and Wimbledon F.C. manager Bobby Gould. He is also a nephew of Richard Gould, the current Chief Executive of Surrey County Cricket Club.
- "Keeper Gould joins Cheltenham". Sky Sports. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "Loan move for goalkeeper Matt Gould". www.ctfc.com. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- admin (2015-08-04). "New keeper signs on". Livingston Football Club. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- Nov 20, Terry Bulloch |; News | 0, 2015 | (2015-11-20). "Player Signing". Stenhousemuir FC. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "Matt Gould - 1st Team - Stourbridge FC". www.stourbridgefc.com. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "Wycombe Wanderers 2-1 Stourbridge". 2017-01-07. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "2016–17 Northern Premier League", Wikipedia, 2019-02-23, retrieved 2019-06-14
- "Birmingham Senior Cup", Wikipedia, 2019-05-02, retrieved 2019-06-14
- "Player Profiles". Spennymoor Town FC. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "2018–19 National League", Wikipedia, 2019-06-11, retrieved 2019-06-14
- "National League North & South play-off finals: Woking & Chorley win promotion". 2019-05-12. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- Association, Press (2011-03-07). "Somerset chief executive Richard Gould joins Surrey". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-06-14.