|Submission rejected on 27 September 2019 by talk). (|
This topic is not sufficiently notable for inclusion in Wikipedia.
This submission is contrary to the purpose of Wikipedia.Rejected by 41 days ago. Last edited by DGG 41 days ago.
Number of locations
|1 location (2019)|
|Services||Assisting in business growth|
Number of employees
It was launched in November of 2017 by Meli James, the president of the Hawaii Venture Capital Association, Michael Cheski (who withdrew from activities in the organization shortly after the launch) and former co-founder of Washington DC-based startup accelerator "1776", Brittany Heyd    . Mana Up is incorporated as domestic Limited Liability Company under the legal mame of 'MANA UP LABS, LLC'. The company's office and co-working spaces are located at the Dole Cannery building in Honolulu.
Mana Up is an advisory company addressing native Hawaiian businesses. It seeks to invest in local companies with $100,000 or more in annual revenue. Mana Up hosts a 12-week accelerator program twice per year aimed to support scaling product businesses. The accelerator program provides access to e-commerce platform owned by Mana Up and distribution opportunities through partnership with Hawaiian Airlines and DFS Hawaii Each time at the end of 12-week period the program usually culminates in a showcase, which draws approximately 600 attendees and generates sales for the startups participating in it.
On August 16, 2018 Mana Up was acknowledged as best new business on Hawaii by Pacific Edge magazine.
On April 22, 2019 Mana Up was highlighted by Hawaii Business Magazine as Editor’s Choice out of Hawaiian women-owned Small Businesses.
- Lum, Burt (2019-02-20). "Bytemarks Café: Mana Up Update". Hawaii Public Radio. Retrieved 2019-05-09.
- Medal, Andrew (2017-05-10). "8 Women Leaders Who Are Disrupting Entrepreneurship, #5, Melialani James". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- "A RECIPE FOR SUCCESS: HOW MANA UP IS HELPING HAWAII AGRICULTURAL COMPANIES". edible Hawaiian Islands Magazine. 2019-06-22. Retrieved 2019-07-05.
- "Mana Up Aims to Turn Small Local Companies into Global Brands". Hawaii Business Magazine. 2018-01-10. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "The Scene: Week of April 29. Royal visit: Jordan's Queen Rania pays visit to 1776 in D.C." Washington Post. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Entrepreneurs get a dose of inspiration at MEDB's three-day Startup Weekend | News, Sports, Jobs - Maui News". Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Mana Up – Bytemarks Cafe". web.archive.org. 2018-02-06. Retrieved 2019-05-01.
- "Business Registration Division - Search for Business Entity & Documents of MANA UP LABS". Hawaii State Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs, Business Registration Division. Retrieved 2019-07-05.
- "Mana Up". Pacific Edge Magazine. 2018-02-05. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "Mana Up initiative gives Native Hawaiian businesses a boost | Kamehameha Schools". www.ksbe.edu. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "Mana Up's third cohort includes 7 women-founded product businesses". American City Business Journals. Retrieved 2019-05-01.
- "Authentic local products stem from work made with aloha like Laha'ole". KITV (ABC). Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- "Mana Up and Hawaiian Airlines Team Up for Unique Made in Hawaii Festival Showcase". KHON2. 2019-08-16. Retrieved 2019-08-26.
- Wednesday; February 13; 2019; A.m, 12:05 (2019-02-13). "Women-led businesses dominate Mana Up's third cohort". Hawaii Tribune-Herald. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "DFS and Mana Up Partner to Support Local Entrepreneurs". KHON2. 2019-08-26. Retrieved 2019-08-26.
- "Maui Now: Mana Up Accelerator Participants Experience Revenue Growth". Maui Now | Mana Up Accelerator Participants Experience Revenue Growth. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- Simek, Kelly (2018-11-02). "Mana Up Holiday Showcase features local products". KHON-TV. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- Monday, Special to West Hawaii Today |; August 20; 2018; A.m, 12:05 (2018-08-20). "3 Big Island businesses flourish under program geared to pump startups". West Hawaii Today. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "2018 Pacific Edge Business Achievement Awards Winners". Pacific Edge Magazine. 2018-08-16. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- "Editor's Choice: Small Business Awards 2019". Hawaii Business Magazine. 2019-05-01. Retrieved 2019-05-01.