|Submission declined on 2 April 2019 by talk). (|
Thank you for your submission, but the subject of this article already exists in Wikipedia. You can find it and improve it at Linda Nazar instead.
Declined by 8 months ago. Last edited by Citation bot 5 months ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
- Comment: The draft and the article have somewhat different information but are clearly about the same person. This draft should be compared against the article and the article updated as appropriate. Robert McClenon (talk) 22:11, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
Linda F. Nazar is a professor in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Waterloo, where her research focuses on the development of materials and storage devices for electrochemical energy. She holds a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Solid State Energy Materials.
Linda F. Nazar
|Alma mater||University of Toronto|
|Fields||Inorganic materials chemistry, solid state chemistry, electrochemistry|
|Institutions||University of Waterloo|
Nazar researches the design of electrochemical energy storage devices. Her lab has developed a low-cost zinc-ion battery that generates electricity through intercalation. In the past, Nazar's lab have developed a solution to the long-standing problem of incorporating sulphur into rechargeable lithium batteries to extend battery life.
Honours and awards
- Huang, H.; Yin, S.C.; Nazar, L.F. (Oct 2001) "Approaching theoretical capacity of LiFePO4 at room temperature at high rates." Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters. 4 (10): A170-172.
- Li, Xiulei; Kyu Tae, Lee; Nazar, Linda F. (May 2009). "A highly ordered nanostructured carbon–sulphur cathode for lithium–sulphur batteries". Nature Materials. 8 (6): 500–506. doi:10.1038/nmat2460. PMID 19448613.
- Xia, C.; Kwok, C. Y.; Nazar, L. F. (August 2018). "A high-energy-density lithium-oxygen battery based on a reversible four-electron conversion to lithium oxide". Science. 361 (6404): 777–781. Bibcode:2018Sci...361..777X. doi:10.1126/science.aas9343. PMID 30139868.
- "Linda Nazar". Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology. 2012-05-10. Retrieved 2019-02-09.
- Government of Canada, Industry Canada (2012-11-29). "Canada Research Chairs". www.chairs-chaires.gc.ca. Retrieved 2019-02-09.
- Nazar, Linda F.; Vajargah, Shahrzad Hosseini; Duffort, Victor; Adams, Brian D.; Kundu, Dipan (October 2016). "A high-capacity and long-life aqueous rechargeable zinc battery using a metal oxide intercalation cathode". Nature Energy. 1 (10): 16119. Bibcode:2016NatEn...116119K. doi:10.1038/nenergy.2016.119. ISSN 2058-7546.
- May 18, CBC News · Posted; May 18, 2009 1:12 PM ET | Last Updated; 2009. "Canadian scientists create powerful new lithium battery material | CBC News". CBC. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- "Linda F. Nazar - Google Scholar Citations". scholar.google.ca. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- Chemistry, Royal Society of (2015-05-22). "Energy & Environmental Science". www.rsc.org. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- "Fellows | The Royal Society of Canada". rsc-src.ca. Retrieved 2019-02-09.
- General, Office of the Secretary to the Governor. "Dr. Linda F. Nazar, O.C." The Governor General of Canada. Retrieved 2019-02-09.
- "Waterloo pair receive Order of Canada honours". TheRecord.com. 2016-02-12. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- "Order of Canada honours BlackBerry pioneer, local researchers". TheRecord.com. 2015-07-02. Retrieved 2019-03-07.