|Submission declined on 2 August 2019 by talk). (|
The content of this submission includes material that does not meet Wikipedia's minimum standard for inline citations. Please cite your sources using footnotes. For instructions on how to do this, please see Referencing for beginners. Thank you.
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of music-related topics). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
Declined by 3 months ago. Last edited by WOSlinker 3 months ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
- Comment: Fails WP:NMUSICIAN - lacks significant coverage (not mentions in passing) in multiple independent reliable secondary sources. Spotify, Instagram, Daily Chiefers and RapReup.com are not acceptable secondary sources. Dan arndt (talk) 07:40, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
|Birth name||Kevin Damwar|
|Born||October 17, 1996|
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Kevin Damwar (born October 17, 1996), better known by his stage name Kevv , is a Canadian singer, rapper and songwriter. He is best known for his song "Lit". Kevv is the founder of his own musical collective, HWD Connect (Hooligans With Dreams).
Kevin Damwar was born October 17, 1996 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Kevv comes from a Caribbean background drawing inspiration from rhythmic harmonies which in turn has influenced his pronounced artistry. Kevv attended Brampton Centennial Secondary School and eventually completed a four year program graduating with a bachelor of applied science in psychology at University of Guelph-Humber. Upon receiving recognition from OVO Sound’s Roy Woods early on in his career to "Guidance" hit-maker K. Forest, Kevv at 22 years old is on his way in becoming a prominent figure in Toronto's music scene. He alongside fellow artist and brother Yan have created their own musical collective known as HWD Connect working in cohesion to deliver influential homegrown Hip-Hop and R&B sounds.
Kevv began his career in 2014 when he first released his mixtape "LA Cove” in high school. Throughout the years, Kevv’s artistry grew as he continued to release a series of singles following his mixtape debut.
On January 30, 2018, Kevv released "Ragatouille" with fellow HWD Connect artist Yan
On February 13, 2018 Kevv released "Jus Sayin'"
On July 19, 2018, Kevv released his most well-received single “Lit” which gained public attention from listeners across Toronto as it was notably featured on CFXJ-FM (Flow 93.5), a popular radio station broadcasting within Toronto, and the Greater Toronto Area.
On November 14, 2018, Kevv released "All My Girls" which was also featured on Flow 93.5
|"Simple Tings"||2016||Non-album single|
|"All My Girls"|
- "Kevv". Spotify. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- Torres, Jack (2016-06-18). "Chiefer's Choice: Get to Know Brampton Artist Kevv". Daily Chiefers. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- Torres, Jack (2016-07-21). "Kevv – Simple Tings ft. YaN". Daily Chiefers. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- Phil (2016-08-02). "Kevv & YaN Just Want Those "Simple Tings"". ohestee. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Kevv – Lit". RapReup.com. 2018-07-27. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Kevv on Instagram: "lawwd tune in to @935themove tonight, we getting litty! 🎈"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-08-02.