Kaji Spellman Douša
|Occupation||Senior Pastor, activist, President of the Alumni Board for Yale Divinity School|
Kaji Spellman Douša (born August 22, 1978) is an American Christian minister and immigration rights activist who serves as the co-chair of the New Sanctuary Coalition NYC.
Douša is the Senior Pastor of the Park Avenue Christian Church in Manhattan. In October 2018, Pastor Douša was nominated to serve as President of the Alumni Board for President of the Alumni Board for Yale Divinity School. . Douša was born on August 22, 1978 in the United States to civil rights activists Karen and A.B. Spellman. She is the youngest of their three children. Douša is married and has one child.
In 2017 Douša protested the detainment of immigrants including that of her New Sanctuary Coalition co-chair Ravi Ragbir. On October 2018, Douša spoke at the at protests against the Supreme Court nomination of Brett Kavanaugh, in support of fellow Holton-Arms School alumni Christine Blasey Ford, who had accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault. Her related sermon was subsequently featured in the Washington Post.
In January 2019, upon her return to San Diego after ministering to migrants in Tijuana, she was stopped by U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at the San Ysidro Port of Entry and held for questioning. Following, Douša alleges that she was put on a watch list of more than 50 people who have worked on the migrant crisis currently developing at the U.S.-Mexico border, a process which she says led to an unlawful revoking of her Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection pass. On July 2, 2019, Amnesty International called for an end to border surveillance programs, referencing Douša's case. In July 2019, Dousa filed the federal case Douša v. U.S. Department of Homeland Security  alleging violation of her First Amendment rights and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
- "Yale Divinity School Alumni Board Member: Reverend Kaji Douša". Yale Divinity School. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Immigration Rights Activists Fear Ice Surveillance of Their Churches and Homes". AM Joy. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- "What Is Truth Pastors Across Spectrum Preach Kavanaugh and Ford". New York Post. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Payton, Mari; Jones, Tom. "Pastor Who Prayed With Migrants Labeled Surveillance Target". NBC 7 San Diego. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Jones, Tom; Payton, Mari; Feather, Bill; Krueger, Paul. "Report: Surveillance Program Among Human Rights Violations". NBC 7 San Diego. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
- Bowden, John (July 10, 2019). "Pastor put on watchlist after work with migrants at border sues US government". TheHill. Retrieved July 16, 2019.