|Submission rejected on 24 December 2018 by talk). (|
This topic is not sufficiently notable for inclusion in Wikipedia.Rejected by 8 months ago. Last edited by Keith D 5 months ago.
|Submission declined on 24 December 2018 by talk). (|
This submission is not adequately supported by reliable sources. Reliable sources are required so that information can be verified. If you need help with referencing, please see Referencing for beginners and Citing sources.
Declined by 8 months ago.
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of music-related topics). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
- Comment: Same issues apply as before. iTunes and Medium are not reliable sources so adding them made it worse. CNMall41 (talk) 18:18, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
- Comment: I used Google Translate for the majority of the sources. Assuming that the publications are reliable, I looked at the type of references and what they said. Unfortunately, they are not in-depth about the subject. Some are interviews and others are mentions. I cannot locate any of the music on charts so based on what is presented, I do not feel the subject meets notability guidelines. CNMall41 (talk) 04:53, 24 December 2018 (UTC)
In 2016 Jimi was named "Ukas Urørt" by norwegian radio station NRK P3. The following year, he released his debut EP Memoria, through his record label Inquiring Minds. According to Schandy, he and his producer Milo Orchis recorded the entire EP in their dorm room at school, before posting it on SoundCloud in 2016. He later released music videos for the two singles off the EP, "Escape" and "The Beach".
In 2017 American magazine The Fader posted a list of 15 Scandinavian artists to listen to in 2018, with Jimi as number 9. Schandy has performed at festivals such as Ekkofestival, by:Larm, and Slottsfjell. He has also performed in Berlin at the Ja Ja Ja Nordic Music Affair. In 2018 he joined Norwegian indie band Boy Pablo on their European tour.
- Memoria (2017)
- Ponyboy (2019)
- "Escape" (2017)
- "The Beach" (2017)
- "Waking Up" (2017)
- "Fall Down" featuring Hanne Mjøen (2018)
- "Satser alt på musikken". Lindesnes. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "Slipper sommerlåt - Opp". Opp (in Norwegian Bokmål). 2018-05-20. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "Memoria - EP by Jimi Somewhere". itunes.com. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- Renshaw, David; Cliff, Aimee; Myers, Owen; Gong, Sharon (December 11, 2017). "15 Scandinavian artists to listen to in 2018". The Fader. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- Soufi-Grimsrud, Ali (August 29, 2016). "-Det er ingen regler i musikk". NRK P3. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "Ble kåret til Ukas Urørt på P3 – nå blir talentet lagt merke til". Ringerikes Blad (in Norwegian). 2016-10-22. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "ATC Live | Jimi Somewhere". ATC Live. Retrieved 2018-12-24.
- FOREVER, JIMI SOMEWHERE - ESCAPE, retrieved 2018-12-24
- "Watch the Stripped-Back Video for Jimi Somewhere's "The Beach"". PigeonsandPlanes. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "EKKO - Jimi Somewhere". ekko.no. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "(+) 18-åring spiller på by:Larm". Drammens Tidende (in Norwegian). 2017-02-18. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- Dimmen, Pål (August 7, 2018). "Jimi Somewhere spiller på Ja Ja Ja Berlin". no.musicnorway.no. Retrieved December 24, 2018.
- Davies, Rachel G. (2018-12-06). "Boy Pablo: Belgrave Music Hall, Leeds — Review". URYMusic. Retrieved 2018-12-24.
- Tveit, Janne Monsen (August 21, 2017). "Jimi Somewhere (19) vil vekke følelser". 730.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved November 24, 2018.
- Tveit, Janne Monsen (February 24, 2017). "Drømmende debut fra ung drammenser". 730.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved November 24, 2018.
- Tveit, Janne Monsen (June 15, 2017). "Norsk førpremiere: -Kjærlighet er vanskelig, men verdt det!". 730.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved November 24, 2018.
- Price, Joe (November 3, 2017). "Norwegian Artist Jimi Somewhere Returns with Gorgeous New Single "Waking Up"". Pigeons & Planes. Retrieved November 24, 2018.
- "Interview: Hanne Mjøen & Jimi Somewhere - "Fall Down"". Junkyard. 2018. Retrieved November 24, 2018.