Draft:Home Savings Bank
|Submission declined on 26 August 2019 by talk). (|
This submission does not appear to be written in the formal tone expected of an encyclopedia article. Entries should be written from a neutral point of view, and should refer to a range of independent, reliable, published sources. Please rewrite your submission in a more encyclopedic format. Please make sure to avoid peacock terms that promote the subject.
Declined by 2 months ago. Last edited by JIm DeNunzio 2 months ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
|Submission declined on 16 August 2019 by talk). (|
Declined by 3 months ago.
The tag for undisclosed paid editing needs to be addressed on your userpage or the talk page of this draft. Also the article should be in prose not list form, the references should all be inline citations and properly formatted as per WP:REFB
|Submission declined on 2 August 2019 by talk). (|
Declined by 3 months ago.
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of organizations and companies). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
Home Savings Bank is a full-service community bank headquartered in Youngstown, Ohio, with assets of approximately $2.8 billion and over 500 employees. Home Savings Bank’s customer base spans retail, small business, commercial, and wealth clients with 33 retail-banking offices, 12 loan production centers & 3 wealth management offices. Home Savings Bank serves the Cleveland, Youngstown/Mahoning Valley, Akron/Canton, Columbus, and Cincinnati Ohio markets, plus Pittsburgh Pennsylvania & Morgantown West Virginia. Home Savings Bank is a subsidiary of United Community Financial Corp. (NASDAQ: UCFC).|website=https://www.ffiec.gov/npw/Institution/Profile/932277?dt=20170201%7Caccessdate=8 August 2019}}</ref>|website=https://research.fdic.gov/bankfind/detail.html?bank=35385&name=Home%20Savings%20Bank&searchName=Home%20savings%20bank&searchFdic=&city=Youngstown&state=OH&zip=&address=275%20w%20federal&searchWithin=&activeFlag=&searchByTradename=false&tabId=2%7Caccessdate=8 August 2091}}</ref>|website=https://www.bankrate.com/banks/home-savings-bank/932277/%7Caccessdate=8 August 2019}}</ref>|website=https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/youngstown/profile/bank/home-savings-0432-2049%7Caccessdate=8 August 2019}}</ref>
Early History: Home Savings & Loan Company was founded by James M. McKay in Youngstown, Ohio. The bank received it’s charter in January, 15, 1889. “One of Youngstown’s foremost architects, Charles F. Owsley, designed the Colonial Revival headquarters located 275 West Federal Street in Youngstown. The bank moved into it newly built ten-story building in 1919. The elegant Home Savings Bank clock tower, which to this day lights up the Youngstown skyline, was first lit in 1949. In an effort to provide even greater customer service, the bank added its first drive thru window at the Newport Glenn office in 1958. In 1959, the main branch within the headquarter building was remodeled.
Recent History: • In 1989 Home Savings Bank celebrated its 100th anniversary. • In 1991 the Home Savings Charitable Foundation was established and since that time, has provided nearly $17 million in support to non-profit organizations within the communities Home Savings Bank serves. • In 1998 the holding company United Community Financial Corp was formed and an initial public stock offering was made. • In 2001 Home Savings Bank acquired Industrial Bancorp Inc. who was the parent company of Industrial Savings & Loan • In 2002 Potters Financial Corp was purchased by Home Savings Bank. • In 2016 the Home Savings Insurance Group was formed with the acquisition of James & Sons, a well-respected local insurance agency that has been in the Mahoning Valley since 1921 • In 2017 Home Savings acquired Premier Bank & Trust and simultaneously converted the Home Savings charter, changing the name from Home Savings & Loan of Youngstown to Home Savings Bank. • Also in 2017 Eich Bros. Insurance joined the Home Savings Insurance Group.
Home Saving Bank's official headquarters is currently at 275 West Federal Street in Downtown Youngstown. The building, built in 1919 is one of the tallest in Youngstown with 9 floors.
- "United Community Financial Corp. Common Stock (UCFC)". NASDAQ.com. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Home Savings has been on home-run streak". Crain's Cleveland Business. 18 February 2018. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "You searched for Home Savings". Business Journal Daily. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "United Community Financial (UCFC) Q3 Earnings Preview: What's in the Cards?". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Home Savings Bank Profile". Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council.ffiec.gov. Retrieved 8 August 2019.
- "Home Savings Bank (FDIC # 35385)". Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.fdic.gov. Retrieved 8 August 2019.
- "Bank Ratings Home Savings Bank Youngstown, Oh". Bankrate. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Better Business Bureau Home Savings Bank". Better Business Bureau.org. 12 August 2019. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Home Savings Charitable Foundation". www.Homesavings.com. 9 September 2019. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- "United Community Financial". www.crunchbase.com/organization/united-community-financial#section-ipo-stock-price. 9 September 2019. Retrieved 9 September 2019.
- The quote can be found here: https://books.google.com/books?id=OKdVjSR9CawC&pg=PA13&lpg=PA13&dq=the+full+history+of+home+savings+and+loan+out+of+youngstown&source=bl&ots=yIWp6rw3l_&sig=ACfU3U1n2x9Dw19mlqLv_t-a7suW2cG1PA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwip46CenaHkAhVGQ6wKHTtGB1IQ6AEwCHoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=the%20full%20history%20of%20home%20savings%20and%20loan%20out%20of%20youngstown&f=false
The book information can be found here: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/irish-in-youngstown-and-the-greater-mahoning-valleyohio-irish-american-archival-society/1100094403?ean=9780738532189
/* References */ Added 4 independent sources
|Review waiting, please be patient.
This may take 3 months or more, since drafts are reviewed in no specific order. There are 3,713 pending submissions waiting for review.