The Hanoi Marathon (also known as Hanoi Marathon: Heritage Race and formerly known as Hanoi International Heritage Marathon) is the major marathon race of Vietnam, which is hosted annually by DHA Vietnam and the People’s Committee of Hanoi, in the city of Hanoi, Vietnam, on the third week of October. Beginning in 2018, following the success of its predecessor, Halong Bay International Heritage Marathon, the marathon has garnered the attention of professional and recreational runners, both within the country of Vietnam and worldwide.
Hanoi Marathon is one of the few events of its kind, its loop course taking runners on a tour of the historic city of Hanoi, passing by multiple landmarks and heritages, beginning at the Ba Kieu Temple and ending at the Ly Thai To Flower Garden.
The race course for Hanoi Marathon is certified and measured by the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) and Grade A measurers of the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS). Hanoi Marathon is also on the event calendar of the Vietnam Athletics Federation (VAF) and an official member of AIMS.
Following the tremendous success of its predecessor, Halong Bay International Heritage Marathon, Hanoi Marathon made its debut on October 21st, 2018 as Hanoi International Heritage Marathon. In its first year alone, the race attracted more than 2600 runners (300 of whom are international), both professional and recreational, from more than 50 countries and territories.
- Full and Half Marathon: The full marathon category is open to runners 16 years or older.
- 10 KM Run: This category is open to runners 14 years or older.
- 5 KM Fun Run: This category is open to runners 10 years older.
Discretions: In the case that a runner does not meet the age requirements for any category, a legal guardian must be present to sign an authorization form and be held responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the runner. A runner will participate in the marathon at their own risk and by taking the BIB number, the runner accepts the Terms and Conditions of Participation and declares that they have had a medical check carried out by a medical professional at least 3 months before the race.
Hanoi Marathon is held on the Sunday of the third week of October every year. Since October is during the Fall season of Hanoi, the race day will have fairly cool and dry weather.
Starting times for Hanoi Marathon depend on the distance of the race:
- The 42 KM Full Marathon allows check ins at 4:00 am and starts at 4:30 am. It is cut off at 10:30 am.
- The 21 KM Half Marathon allows check ins at 4:30 am and starts at 5:00 am. It is cut off at 9:00 am.
- The 10 KM Run allows check ins at 4:45 am and starts at 5:15 am. It is cut off at 7:30 am.
- The 5 KM Fun Run allows check ins at 7:30 am and starts at 8:00 am.
Reference Hanoi Marathon terms and conditions for more information.
The course for Hanoi Marathon changes depending on the distance of the race. However, all race courses begin at the Ba Kieu Temple and ends at the Ly Thai To Flower Garden, taking runners on a tour of the most historic and iconic landmarks of Hanoi, like the Hanoi Old Quarters, West Lake, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Long Bien Bridge.
Not only is Hanoi Marathon a major athletics event of Vietnam, it is also a unique experience of Hanoi through marathon running.
Four Race Distances
Hanoi Marathon consists of four race distances: the 42 KM Full Marathon, 21 KM Half Marathon, 10 KM Run, and 5 KM Fun Run. Thus, the event is open to practically everyone who is interested in running, regardless of their level of experience and professionalism.
DHA Vietnam Ltd., established in 2012, is a Hanoi-based Limited Liability Company who specializes in technology transfer, advertising, and event management. Since its first year, the company has been responsible for many successful sports events and professional conferences based in Vietnam, like Halong International Heritage Marathon, Happy Colour Run, Thang Long International Conference on Cardiology 2018, and FIG Working Week 2019. The company has also partnered with many international organizations like the World Bank and UNESCO.
- The People's Committee of Hanoi
- DHA Vietnam
- Ly Thai To Flower Garden
- Vietnam Athletics Federation (VAF)
- Happy Colour Run
- Thang Long International Conference on Cardiology 2018
- FIG Working Week 2019
- Hanoi Marathon Facebook
- Over 2,600 Runners Compete In Hanoi Int’l Heritage Marathon
- 2,500 runners to compete in Hanoi International Heritage Marathon
- Hanoi International Heritage Marathon to pass by HN’s famous spots
- Ltd, Ovem Co. "HANOI MARATHON". hanoiheritagemarathon.com. Retrieved 2019-07-11.
- Ltd, Ovem Co. "Halong Bay International Heritage Marathon". halongmarathon.com. Retrieved 2019-07-11.
- "BA KIEU TEMPLE - A SPECIAL OF HOAN KIEM LAKE". Impress Travel.
- "Hanoi Marathon - Heritage Race". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- "Over 2,600 runners compete in Hanoi Int'l Heritage Marathon". vietnamplus.vn. 2018-10-21. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- "TERM & CONDITIONS". hanoiheritagemarathon.com. Retrieved 2019-07-11.
- Ltd, Ovem Co. "42Km - MARATHON". hanoiheritagemarathon.com. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- "21 KM RUN - HERITAGE HALF MARATHON". hanoiheritagemarathon.com. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- "10 KM RUN - OLD QUARTERS RUN". hanoiheritagemarathon.com. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- "5KM OLD QUARTERS FUN-RUN". hanoiheritagemarathon.com. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- "Happy Colour Run - Đường chạy sắc màu". Happy Colour Run. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- "THANG LONG INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CARDIOLOGY 2018 – Ariyana Convention Centre". Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- "Invitation to FIG Working Week 2019 in Vietnam". www.fig.net. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
|Review waiting, please be patient.
This may take 8 weeks or more, since drafts are reviewed in no specific order. There are 3,694 pending submissions waiting for review.