Fat Brain Toys
|Founder||Mark and Karen Carson|
|Headquarters||Elkhorn, Nebraska, United States|
Fat Brain Toys is a United States manufacturer and retailer of educational toys and games. The company was founded by husband and wife, Mark and Karen Carson, from the basement of their home in 2002. It is headquartered in Elkhorn, Nebraska with a distribution center located in nearby Omaha, Nebraska. The company operates two retail storefronts, one in Omaha, Nebraska and another in Overland Park, Kansas. The company specializes in building toys, brainteasers, and multi-player games. As of 2014, the company had 46 full-time employees. The staff expands to approximately 300 people during the holiday season.
- 2014 American Specialty Toy Retailers Association - Best Toys for Kids Award
- 2013 Spielwarenmesse ToyAward
- 2012 Internet Retailer Magazine Hot 100
- 2011 American Express/Facebook - Big Break for Small Business
- Nebraska Couple Sells, Develops Products Meant to Inspire Creativity at JournalStar.com
- Nohr, Emily (June 13, 2013). "Creativity always welcome, MarkeTECH Conference attendees told". Omaha World Herald. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- Google Highlights Fat Brain Toys at Omaha.com
- More Retail Tenants for Prairiefire at KansasCity.com
- Great Class Divide as Seen in the Toy Aisle at NYTimes.com
- 2014 Economic Impact Report at Google.com
- KETV staff (December 10, 2012). "Fat Brain Toys on overdrive to keep up with holiday demand". ketv.com. KETV (ABC Affiliate, Omaha). Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "2014 American Specialty Toy Retailers Association at ASTRAToy.org" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-07-12. Retrieved 2014-08-08.
- 2013 Spielwarenmesse ToyAward at Omaha.com
- 2012 Internet Retailer Magazine Hot 100 at About.com
- 2011 American Express/Facebook - Big Break for Small Business at SiliconPrairieNews.com
|This article about a toy company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|