|Review waiting, please be patient.
This may take 8 weeks or more, since drafts are reviewed in no specific order. There are 4,413 pending submissions waiting for review.
|Born||December 29, 1949|
|Institutions||Hadassah Medical Center|
Eldad Ben-Chetrit was born on 29 December 1949 in Jerusalem, Israel. He is a Professor of Medicine, formerly Head of Department of Medicine and former director of the Rheumatology unit at the Hadassah- Hebrew University Medical Center in Jerusalem. He is a visiting Professor at the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Stanford University, McGill University and Heidelberg University.
He did his MD in Hadassah - Hebrew University Medical School in Jerusalem, Israel. After training in Internal Medicine, Dr. Ben- Chetrit got trained in Rheumatology and Immunology at the Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation in La Jolla, California.
Research and career
He did his residency from Hadassah - Hebrew University Medical School and served many roles up to Head of the Department. During his research at Scripps Research Foundation where he identified that 52-kD protein is a novel component of the SS-A/Ro antigenic particle. When he returned back to Israel he established the laboratory for Familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) and Colchicine research at Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical Center. His main research focused on the Autoinflammatory diseases especially Familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) and Behcet’s disease (BD).
Awards and honors
Over the years he gained many awards among which are:
He was the recipient of the Astorre Mayer Prize for clinical studies in cardiovascular diseases. In 2010 he gained the Senior Investigation Award of the International Society for Systemic Autoinflammatory Diseases (ISSAID).
He organized and participated in the 1st to 9th International Conferences on FMF and Autoinflammatory Diseases (1997-2019).
- "John Kuriyan". www.nasonline.org.
- "DR. EREZ ELDAD". www.hadassah-med.com. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "Behcet 2018 Rotterdam". Behcet 2018 Rotterdam. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- "Prof. Eldad Ben-Chetrit MD". www.health-tourism.com. Retrieved 2019-05-26.
- Ben-Chetrit, E.; Chan, E. K.; Sullivan, K. F.; Tan, E. M. (1988-05-01). "A 52-kD protein is a novel component of the SS-A/Ro antigenic particle". The Journal of Experimental Medicine. 167 (5): 1560–1571. doi:10.1084/jem.167.5.1560. ISSN 0022-1007. PMC 2188933. PMID 3367095.
- Ben-Chetrit, Eldad; Touitou, Isabelle (2009-10-15). "Familial mediterranean Fever in the world". Arthritis and Rheumatism. 61 (10): 1447–1453. doi:10.1002/art.24458. ISSN 0004-3591. PMID 19790133.
- Ben-Chetrit, Eldad; Halmov-Kocliman, Ronit (1998-02-01). "The effect of colchicine treatment on sperm production and function: a review". Human Reproduction. 13 (2): 360–362. doi:10.1093/humrep/13.2.360. ISSN 0268-1161. PMID 9557838.
- "Eldad Ben-Chetrit". www.mjhid.org. Retrieved 2019-05-27.
- Tayer-Shifman, Oshrat E.; Ben-Chetrit, Eldad (2011-05-16). "Familial Mediterranean Fever and Hypercoagulability". Mediterranean Journal of Hematology and Infectious Diseases. 3 (1): e2011017. doi:10.4084/MJHID.2011.017. ISSN 2035-3006. PMC 3113278. PMID 21713077.
- Ruperto, Nicolino; Touitou, Isabelle; Lachmann, Helen J.; Kastner, Daniel L.; Gul, Ahmet; Gattorno, Marco; Ben-Chetrit, Eldad (2018-11-01). "Consensus proposal for taxonomy and definition of the autoinflammatory diseases (AIDs): a Delphi study". Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. 77 (11): 1558–1565. doi:10.1136/annrheumdis-2017-212515. ISSN 0003-4967. PMID 30100561.
- "ISSAID 2019 -- Welcome and Committees". www.issaid2019.org. Retrieved 2019-05-27.