|Submission declined on 5 July 2019 by talk). (|
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of music-related topics). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
Declined by 2 months ago. Last edited by Ceethekreator 2 months ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
- Comment: Fails WP:NMUSIC. No reliable sources support that he is indeed an award winning singer. Ceethekreator (talk) 21:23, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
|Birth name||Edward Mena|
|Born||April 15, 1990|
|Genres||Latin Pop, Ballad|
Since early in his childhood, he always showed interest for music and singing. But it wasn't until the year 2009, being 19 years old and formally receiving vocal training by Tenor and Maestro Carlos Almenar Otero, where Edward won his first international festival as a professional performer, at the Premio Estrella Music Award representing his country Venezuela, with the song "Con Mi Joropo" written for him by Venezuelan composer Enrique Hidalgo, starting his solo career. He would later win the "Popularity Award" at the Miami International Song Festival in 2015 with the song "Soy Latinoamericano".
In 2017, he started to work with 16-Time Grammy Award Winning producer Humberto Gatica, who has produced albums for stars such as Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, Michael Bublé, among many others; on a tribute to the music of Julio Iglesias titled "Amor Absoluto". This single released through his Indie label UNO Productions, earned him international recognition, being awarded a Global Music Award as "Male Vocalist" in San Diego, "Silver Trophy" at the Viva La Musica Festival in Tenerife, Spain; And "FestiVegas de Plata" at the Festival Internacional de la Canción in Las Vegas. Currently, it has over 1.5 million plays in Soundcloud.
He has shared the stage next to Guadalupe Pineda at the Copernicus Center in Chicago and with Tania Libertad at the Mesa Arts Center in Phoenix, has headlined his own concerts and as special guest in Miami, Los Angeles, and Santo Domingo in Dominican Republic.
Currently, he is working on his new album to be released in 2019.
- Con Mi Joropo (2009)
- Soy Latioamericano (2015)
- Amor Absoluto: Medley Tributo a Julio Iglesias (2017)
- Joshua (J.Smo) Smotherman (2017-08-28). "Edward Mena releases New Single": MIDTN Music". midtnmusic.com. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- Tuneloud (2017-08-12). "Amor Absoluto: Medley Tributo a Julio Iglesias is Flawless": Tuneloud Maganize". www.tuneloud.com. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- Telemundo (2018-06-21). "Edward Mena se presenta en Miami con Exitos Internacionales: Acceso Total Telemundo 51". telemundo51.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Wilma Hernandez (2018-11-23). "El Venezolano Edward Mena rinde Tributo a Julio Iglesias": Diario Las Americas". diariolasamericas.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- Jesus Rojas (2018-11-14). "Edward Mena: Pasión, Talento y Humanismo": Acento Diario". acento.com.do (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- Miami Diaro BR (2018-08-31). "Edward Mena regresa triunfante tras actuación con Guadalupe Pineda": Miami Diario". acento.com.do (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-08-31.
- Flyah Magazine (2017-08-14). "The Legend Continues...": Flyah Magazine". flyahmagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-08-14.
- Rose Mary Santana (2018-11-27). "Republica Dominicana recibe por todo lo alto a artista Edward Mena": Miami Dario". miamidiario.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-11-27.