Doraemon: Nobita's Chronicle of the Moon Exploration
|Doraemon the Movie 2019: Nobita's Chronicle of the Moon Exploration|
Theatrical release poster
|Hepburn||Eiga Doraemon Nobita no Getsumen Tansa-ki|
|Literally||Movie Doraemon Nobita's Moon Exploration|
|Directed by||Shinnosuke Yakuwa|
|Written by||Fujiko F. Fujio|
|Screenplay by||Mizuki Tsujimura|
|Based on||Doraemon by Fujiko F. Fujio|
|Music by||Takayuki Hattori|
|Box office||$66 million|
Doraemon the Movie 2019: Nobita's Chronicle of the Moon Exploration (ドラえもん のび太の月面探査記 Doraemon: Nobita no Getsumen Tansa-ki) is a Japanese science-fiction anime film. It was premiered on March 1, 2019. It is directed by Shinnosuke Yakuwa and screenplay by Mizuki Tsujimura.
The film's story relates to the Japanese folkloric belief that a rabbit resides on the Moon. The film is set on the Moon and centers on strong friendships bound together by the "ability to believe." Luna is a mysterious girl who lives on the far side of the Moon. Diabolo and his subordinate Goddard stand in the way of Nobita and his friends on their Moon exploration journey. 
During the day, Nobita and friends were finding out how did they went to the other side of the moon but everything went wrong. At night, Japan launched its first ever robotic rover looking for life on the other side of the Moon. Then back on Earth, the Nobi family were looking up in the sky and the Moon turned yellow. Doraemon gives Nobita the Opposite-Direction Badge and goes to the Moon. When they arrived, Doraemon pulls out the Animal Dough-Making Bucket, then they create bunnies that would build their own colony. Later at school Nobita tells his class all about it but they think it's really funny. Then his teacher introduces a new student named Luka. At first when he first discovered the moon alongside Doraemon & friends he was worried. Luka takes out his cap and finds out that he's from this colony. Then he and his sister Luna showed them how their colony was made.
|Character||Japanese voice actor|
|Tamako Nobi||Kotono Mitsuishi|
|Nobisuke Nobi||Yasunori Matsumoto|
Debuting on 382 screens with Toho distributing, Doraemon the Movie: Nobita's Chronicle of the Moon Exploration earned $6.2 million on 586,000 admissions in its first weekend and ranked number-one on Japanese box office. The film has grossed ¥5.02 billion ($45,461,132) in Japan, and $19,855,318 in China and Vietnam, for a total box office of $64,863,650 in Asia.
|#||Rank||Weekend||Weekend gross||Total gross till current weekend|
|1||1||March 2–3||¥695,700,000 ($6.2 million)||¥757,447,800 ($6.8 million)|
|2||1||March 9–10||¥612,046,700 ($5.5 million)||¥1,491,610,300 ($13.5 million)|
|3||1||March 16–17||¥437,689,000 ($3.9 million)||¥2,057,055,800 ($18.6 million)|
|4||1||March 23–24||¥310,745,700 ($2.8 million)||¥2,866,733,800 ($26.0 million)|
|5||1||March 30–31||¥323,763,200 ($2.9 million)||¥3,826,872,100 ($34.8 million)|
|6||1||April 6–7||¥174,742,000 ($1.6 million)||¥4,532,025,400 ($41.0 million)|
|7||2||April 13–14||¥97,795,500 ($873,000)||¥4,684,036,700 ($42.4 million)|
|8||8||April 20–21||¥41,445,900 ($370,000)||¥4,739,882,100 ($43.0 million)|
|9||9||April 27–28||¥27,000,000 ($250,000)||¥4,768,000,000 ($43.4 million)|
|10||10||May 4–5||¥27,888,400 ($252,000)||¥4,945,496,100 ($44.9 million)|
|11||-||May 11–12||¥7,000,000 ($64,000)||¥4,960,000,000 ($45.0 million)|
|FINAL TOTAL||-||-||-||¥5,020,000,000 ($45.6 million)|
- "塚口サンサン劇場「映画ドラえもん のび太の月面探査記」" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- "Doraemon: Nobita's Chronicle of the Moon Exploration". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved August 17, 2019.
- "2019年3月1日（金）公開『映画ドラえもん のび太の月面探査記』公式サイト". 映画ドラえもん公式サイト (in Japanese). Retrieved 2018-12-16.
- Sherman, Jennifer (15 October 2018). "2019 Doraemon Film Reveals Title, Video, Visual, March 1 Debut" – via animenewsnetwork.com.
- "New Doraemon Movie Slated for March 2019, Mizuki Tsujimura in Charge of Script". MANGA.TOKYO. 2018-10-16. Retrieved 2018-12-16.
- "平成最後の「映画ドラえもん」大ヒットへ月（ツキ）進む！「映画ドラえもん のび太の月面探査記」公開記念舞台挨拶 - 映画・映像｜東宝WEB SITE". www.toho.co.jp. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "2019 Doraemon Film Reveals Trailer, Visual, More Cast". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2018-12-16.
- "Doraemon: Nobita's Chronicle of the Moon Exploration Headed To Nintendo Switch". Siliconera. 2018-11-12. Retrieved 2018-12-16.
- Komatsu, Mikikazu (8 May 2019). "Japan Box Office: 23rd Conan Film Beats Avengers: Endgame, Detective Pikachu". Crunchyroll. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Doraemon: Nobita's Chronicle of the Moon Exploration". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved July 7, 2019.
- "WOKJ weekend box office". March 5, 2019. Archived from the original on August 1, 2017. Retrieved March 7, 2018.