Draft:Brian Calhoun (luthier)
|Submission declined on 31 October 2019 by talk). (|
The proposed article does not have sufficient content to require an article of its own, but it could be merged into the existing article at Chickapig. Since anyone can edit Wikipedia, you are welcome to add that information yourself. Thank you.
Declined by 5 seconds ago. Last edited by AngusWOOF 5 seconds ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
|Submission declined on 11 October 2019 by talk). (|
Declined by 20 days ago.
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of people). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
- Comment: This can be redirected to Chickapig. There isn't much else to say about Calhoun independent from that collaboration. The company he created can also redirect there until there are multiple independently notable games. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 17:20, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
- Comment: I don't think enough sources cover Calhoun himself, independently of the board game he created. The only source about him specifically is the nbc29 story, which as a local news outlet doesn't carry the same weight as a national or international one. Are there any other sources you can add? Cerebellum (talk) 10:17, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
Calhoun grew up in the countryside of Rockbridge County, VA and relocated to Charlottesville, VA in his early twenties where he founded Rockbridge Guitar, an artisan business crafting high-end acoustic guitars for musicians including Dave Matthews, Jason Mraz, Brandi Carlile, Warren Haynes, and more.
After playing a board game he deemed boring, Calhoun came up with the idea for the Chickapig game in 2013. Guitarist Dave Matthews has partnered with Calhoun to promote the game. The game was a finalist for a Toy Association Specialty Toy of the Year award. Chickapig was the top-selling new game on Amazon.com. The Virginia Institute of Autism has adopted the game as a learning tool for teaching social skills. In March 2019, Target Corporation launched Chickapig in its stores, including a children's book and a plush doll. Inspired by children’s excitement surround the characters of book and game, Calhoun created Chickapiglets, a game geared toward younger Chickapig fans which was announced in June 2019.
- "Chickapig: Introducing a lighthearted, poop-heavy board game backed by Dave Matthews". EW.com. Retrieved 2019-06-27.
- Dave Matthews on Friendship with Jennifer Aniston & Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nomination, retrieved 2019-10-31
- "Rockbridge Guitars Founders Discuss Rise to Fame". www.nbc29.com. Retrieved 2019-06-27.
- "A Farm-To-Table Board Game, For Manure Audiences Only". NPR.org. Retrieved 2019-06-27.
- Baltin, Steve. "Dave Matthews And Brian Calhoun On Making Music And Making Games". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-10-31.
- Dave Matthews & Brian Calhoun discuss Chickapig at Walmart, retrieved 2019-10-31
- Chickapig; A Wacky, Clever Board Game by Brian Calhoun & Dave Matthews, retrieved 2019-10-31
- Emmy Freedman (21 November 2018). "Charlottesville Board Game up for Prestigious Toy Award". NBC29.com.
- Josh Glicksman (12 October 2017). "Chickapig: Introducing a lighthearted, poop-heavy board game backed by Dave Matthews". Entertainment Weekly. EW.com.
- "Head Off the Farm on a New Adventure with This Target-Exclusive Chickapig Gear". Target Brands, Inc. 21 March 2019.
- "CHICKAPIGLETS". Chickapig | Farm-To-Table Fun. Retrieved 2019-06-27.