Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals
|Founded||February 10, 1976|
|Headquarters||6700 Century Ave., Suite 100, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 6A4|
|English and French|
The organization was formerly the Association for Canadian Registered Safety Professionals. The BCRSP is a public interest, not-for-profit, ISO 17024 accredited  and ISO 9001  certified organization and deals with the principles of health and safety as a profession in Canada. The first Board of Governors was composed of 15 professionals from a cross-section of safety disciplines. The BCRSP has certified over 5000 individuals since its incorporation in 1976.
The Canadian Society of Safety Engineering's Education & Research Committee reported a need for a generalist certification for Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) practitioners. In November 1974, a steering committee was formed to implement recommendations and establish the first Board of Governors. A meeting was held March 3, 1975 and the proposed name was Canadian Registered Safety Professional. Consumer and Corporate Affairs issued a Letters Patent on February 10, 1976
The BCRSP grants the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)/Professionnel en sécurité agréé du Canada (PSAC) designation to individuals who successfully complete the certification process through application assessment, interview and examination. BCRSP has Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (USA) and the Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (UK).
- The Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is a certification offered by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
- The Charter Member IOSH (CMIOSH) is a designation offered by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
Memberships and Affiliations
The BCRSP has a membership with the Canadian Network of National Associations of Regulators (CNNAR)., the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE) and the International Network of Safety & Health Practitioner Organisations (INSHPO). The Canadian Society of Safety Engineering established a collaboration agreement with the BCRSP on May 5, 2014.
- Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE)
- Canadian Society of Safety Engineering
- Standards Council of Canada
- BSI Group
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health - American
- Standards Council of Canada Accreditation, May 28, 2014 Archived May 29, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- The British Standards Institution (ISO) 9001 (BSI Group)’’, June 2, 2014
- BCRSP Annual Report, July 25, 2014 Archived October 15, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (USA), May 20, 2014 Archived July 4, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with the Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, May 20, 2014
- Canadian Network of National Associations of Regulators(CNNAR) Membership, May 28, 2014
- "BCRSP and CSSE Establish Collaboration Agreement at 2014, May 5, 2014". Archived from the original on January 30, 2015. Retrieved August 17, 2014.