|Submission rejected on 16 July 2019 by talk). (|
Rejected by 58 days ago. Last edited by Dan arndt 58 days ago.
|Submission declined on 12 July 2019 by talk). (|
This submission appears to read more like an advertisement than an entry in an encyclopedia. Encyclopedia articles need to be written from a neutral point of view, and should refer to a range of independent, reliable, published sources, not just to materials produced by the creator of the subject being discussed. This is important so that the article can meet Wikipedia's verifiability policy and the notability of the subject can be established. If you still feel that this subject is worthy of inclusion in Wikipedia, please rewrite your submission to comply with these policies.
Declined by 2 months ago.
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of websites). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
- Comment: This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article — that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines on the notability of websites). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see Wikipedia's referencing guide for beginners and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). Dan arndt (talk) 08:35, 16 July 2019 (UTC)
4.2 / June 26, 2019
BlueSeer ERP is a Free open source ERP software package. It was designed to meet a need in
the manufacturing community for an ERP system that is easily customizable and
extendable while providing generic functionality that is typically observed in
most manufacturing environments.
BlueSeer is released under the MIT License. The application and source code
are available for download at SourceForge.com. The development of BlueSeer
began in 2005, and the latest version 4.2 was released on June 26th 2019.
BlueSeer provides modules for the following generic set of business concepts :
- Double Entry General Ledger
- Cost Accounting
- Accounts Receivable Processing and Aging
- Accounts Payable Processing and Aging
- Inventory Control
- Job Tracking
- Lot Traceability
- Order Management
- Service Order and Quoting Management
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- UCC Label Generation
- Materials Resource Planning (MRP)
- Human Resources (HR)
BlueSeer ERP is written entirely in Java. The application is a non-web based
graphical user interface desktop application that relies heavily on the Java Swing Swing (Java) widget
toolkit/library. There are currently two database engines available for
For single client deployment, The relational database SQLite is used for
it's deployment ease and server-less design. For multi-client
deployment scenarios, the open-source relational database MySQL is used as the
back-end database server. MySQL was chosen for it's popularity and excellent
BlueSeer is a menu-driven application. It's "molecular composition" is a collection of Java Swing JPanel widgets. Each business function, i.e. Order Entry, Item Master Maintenance, etc is a stand-alone JPanel widget. Each JPanel widget is loaded at runtime using Reflection (computer programming) to 'inject' the JPanel into the JFrame on user demand. JPanel class names are stored in the database and associated with menu options which are further associated with user permissions. This archtitecture increases the capability of customization and extension by engaging BlueSeer as a Desktop Application Framework. Applications independent of the core software can be quickly deployed given the menu/class managment and permissions functionality that's built into the BlueSeer framework.
Current development interests are the inclusion of other open source database packages for the back-end server.
- "The Small Manufacturing Business Guide". www.smbguide.com. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- [http://review.techworld.com/applications/346/mysql-50-open-source-database/ Review of MySQL Server 5.0], Techworld.com, November 2005