The village has been the site of an educational initiative since 2008. Laptops manufactured by as part of the One Laptop Per Child project have been distributed amongst the children in the village and an educational server has been installed which provides offline access to learning content.
- "No laughing matter". The Hindu. 19 November 2000. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- Dharmendra Mohan Sinha (1971). District Census Handbook: Ghazipur (30). Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- India. Census Commissioner; India. Director of Census Operations, Uttar Pradesh (2007). Uttar Pradesh administrative atlas. Directorate of Census Operations. p. 509.
- OLPC, India Bhagmalpur entry. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_India/Bhagmalpur
- "Making a difference one laptop at a time". San Francisco State News. 21 October 2010.