|Review waiting, please be patient.
This may take 8 weeks or more, since drafts are reviewed in no specific order. There are 4,347 pending submissions waiting for review.
Worcester, MADearborn, MI
|Alma mater||Case Western Reserve U., OH Technion - IIT|
|Spouse(s)||Debbie Dorota 1945-2016|
|Children||Son, MD; Daughter, JD|
|Awards||INFORMS Fellow (2003)|
|Fields||Inventory Control; Mathematical Programming; Operations Planning and Scheduling|
|Institutions||Temple University, PA
U. of Michigan - Dearborn, MIDrexel University, PA.
|Thesis||A Non-iterative algorithm for tridiagonal transportation problem and its generalization (1970)|
|Doctoral advisor||Leon Lasdon|
Benjamin Lev is a Trustee Professor of Decision Sciences and Management Information Systems Department at Drexel University. He has been a prolific author and has made significant contributions in Operations Research and Management Science. He has contributed to the areas of inventory control, mathematical programming, and operations planning and scheduling. A complete list of his papers and books is available at. His Google Scholar profile link at  and his research work is also presented at.
He serves as the Editor-In-Chief of OMEGA - The International Journal of Management Science since 2002 and is the Co-Editor-In-Chief of International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management. He is often invited as a guest speaker to lecture about OMEGA at various universities around the world.
Benjamin Lev received his PhD. in Operations Research from Case Western Reserve University.
He has M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from Technion Israel Institute of Technology.
Administrative and faculty appointments
- Head of Decision Sciences Department (2009-14) and Trustee Professor at Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA (2014-)
- Dean of School of Management (1990-92); Chair of Department of Management Studies (2000-03); Professor (2000-2009); Emeritus Professor (2009) at University of Michigan - Dearborn, MI
- Head of Management Department (1987-90) at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, MA
- Chair of Management Department (1981-87) and Professor (1970-1987) at Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- He is holding or had held a series of faculty appointments at several universities as visiting professor, honorary professor, or adjunct professor at Wharton School (spring 1986); Tel-Aviv University (1974-75); San Jose State University (summer 1987); Tianjin University (summer 1986); Beijing Jiaotong University (2017-20); Chengdu University (2017-20); Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (2018-20); Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology (2018-); Nanjing Audit University (2018-)
Editorship and memberships (past and present)
- Editor-In-Chief of OMEGA - The International Journal of Management Science since 2002
- Co-Editor-In-Chief of International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management since 2006
- INFORMS Journal on Applied Analytics, formerly Interfaces, Book Review Editor (23 years 1989-2011, 700 book reviews), and Contributing editor.
- INFORMS journal of Operations Research
- Institute of Industrial Engineering-Transactions, Associate Editor
- International Abstracts of Operations Research, Associate Editor
- Operations Research Perspectives Journal, Editorial Board
- Financial Innovation, Advisory Board
- OPSEARCH, Editorial Board
- Journal of Data, Information and Management, Editorial Board
- Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, Editorial Board
- National ORSA/TIMS, General Chair, October 1990, Philadelphia.
- INFORMS International, General Co-Chair, Israel, June 28-July 1, 1998.
- The International Federations of Operations Research Societies, 16th Triennial Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland, July 8-12, 2002, General Chair, Program Committee.
- The ALIO-INFORMS 2010 International Meeting, Co-Chair, , June 6-9, 2010. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- The 7th International Conference on Management Science and Engineering Management, Organizing Committee Chair, Nov. 7-9, 2013, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Served as the last Vice President of Meetings for TIMS
- Served as the first Vice President of Meetings for INFORMS
- INFORMS Fellow since 2003
Honors and awards
- Biographical sketch in Young Scientists in Israel, pp. 148‑156, Remba, Rubin Mass, 1971.
- Intergovernmental Professional Act (IPA), Dept. of Energy, Washington, D.C., 1978.
- Trustee Professor, Drexel University, since 2014.
A complete list of his publications including Book Chapters, Proceedings, Grants, etc. can be found at 
Books Author or Editor
Lev, B. and Weiss, H.J., Introduction to Mathematical Programming, North Holland, 298 pages, 1982.
Lev, B., Energy Models and Studies, North Holland, 600 pages, 1983.
Lev, Murphy, Bloom and Gleit, Analytic Techniques for Energy Planning, North Holland, 371 pages, 1984.
Lev, B., Production Management: Methods and Studies, North Holland, 249 pages, 1986.
Lev, B., Strategic Planning in Energy and Natural Resources, North Holland, 339 pages, 1987.
Garcia-Marquez, F. P and Lev, B. (Eds.), Engineering Management, InTech, 230 pages, 2013.
Garcia-Marquez, F. P. and Lev, B. (Eds.), Advanced Business Analytics, Springer, 243 pages, 2015.
Garcia-Marquez, F. P. and Lev, B. (Eds.), Big Data Management, Springer, 267 pages, 2017.
Garcia-Marquez, F. P. and Lev, B. (Eds.), Data Science and Digital Business, Springer, 316 pages, 2019.
- "Homepage of Benjamin Lev". www.lebow.drexel.edu. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- (PDF) https://learn.dcollege.net/bbcswebdav/users/bl355/PublicDocuments/Tianjin.pdf. Missing or empty
- https://learn.dcollege.net/bbcswebdav/users/bl355/PublicDocuments/JiaotongBeijingappointment.jpg. Missing or empty
- https://learn.dcollege.net/bbcswebdav/users/bl355/PublicDocuments/Chengdu.JPG. Missing or empty
- https://learn.dcollege.net/bbcswebdav/users/bl355/PublicDocuments/NUAA.JPG. Missing or empty
- https://learn.dcollege.net/bbcswebdav/users/bl355/PublicDocuments/NUIST.JPG. Missing or empty
- https://learn.dcollege.net/bbcswebdav/users/bl355/PublicDocuments/NAU.JPG. Missing or empty