Draft:Andaman Law College
|Review waiting, please be patient.
This may take 8 weeks or more, since drafts are reviewed in no specific order. There are 4,057 pending submissions waiting for review.
Government Law College
|Motto||धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः|
Motto in English
|Dharma, being preserved, preserves.|
|Affiliation||Pondicherry University, Bar Council of India|
|Principal||Prof. Dr. M.S. Soundara Pandian|
|10 (updated 11-Aug-2018)|
|Undergraduates||30 (B.A.LL.B.) per year|
Phoenix Bay, Port Blair
|Website||"Govt. of Andaman".|
Andaman Law College, Port Blair is a government law school in Port Blair, India. Andaman Law College (ALC) is a 100% Government funded College established by the Andaman & Nicobar Islands Legal Education Society (ANILES) under Andaman & Nicobar Administration. The law school was established in year 2016 and is run by the ANILES with Hon'ble Lt. Governor as its President, Hon'ble Chief Secretary as its Chairman and the Law Secretary as its Vice Chairman. The institute has a moderately sized interim campus in Transport Bhawan, Phoenix Bay, Port Blair.
There are 10 professors including the Principal who are recruited according to U.G.C. norms by a six-member board.
Every year, the students of law college celebrate Freshers day in odd semester and Annual day in even semester. The college organised National Seminar on Socio-Legal Rights of Tribals in Andaman & Nicobar Islands: Issues & Challenges on 16th & 17th March, 2018. The law professors provide 100% free legal aid every Wednesday afternoon in the Legal Aid Clinic of the college regardless of income, race, sex and domicile.
- ALC. "Andaman Government Law College". Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "LG Inaugurates Andaman Law College; Reiterates Commitment in Starting Central University in Isles soon". Andaman Chronicle. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Recruitment of faculty at Andaman Law College". Pondicherry University. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Andaman Law College B.A.LL.B. 5 Year course". Pondicherry University. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "List of Law Colleges having approval the Bar Council of India" (PDF). Bar Council of India. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Law College invites applications for admission to Degree Course". The Phoenix Post India. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Prospectus for B.A.LL.B. course 2018". Google. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Chief Secy appeals students, faculty to make Andaman law College a model". The Phoenix Post India. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Andaman Law College Celebrates Freshers' Day". Andaman Sheekha. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "Andaman Law College celebrates annual day : CS reiterates Administration's commitment towards providing better teaching & learning support to students". Andaman Sheekha. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "National Seminar on Socio-Legal Rights of Tribals in Andaman & Nicobar Islands". Blog. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Law College conducts Legal Aid Clinic". The Phoenix Post India. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
Category:Autonomous law schools in India Category:List of law schools in India Category: Government degree colleges in India Category:Universities and colleges in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands Category:Colleges affiliated to Pondicherry University Category:Education in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands Category:Educational institutions established in 2016