Alexandria Goddard is a youth activist in the US state of Oregon. She was a co organizer of the Portland March for Our Lives and continues to advocate for gun safety legislation as well as youth engagement.
In addition to being a co organizer at the Portland March for Our Lives, she was one of eight speakers who spoke in favor of increased gun safety prior to a free concert with Portugal. The Man. Her work on gun violence prevention moved Congresswoman Bonamici to invite Alexandria to the 2019 State of the Union where gun violence prevention was highlighted by several Democratic Congressional leaders.
Alexandria worked to expand mental health services in the Oregon 2019 legislative session. Working with Senator Lew Frederick, she request the drafting of SB 808 which required continuing education related to suicide risk assessment, treatment and management for certain education and health care professionals . After being heard and passing the Oregon Senate Health Care Committee, the bill died at the end of the 2019 legislative session in the Senate Rules Committee.
|Review waiting, please be patient.
This may take 8 weeks or more, since drafts are reviewed in no specific order. There are 4,358 pending submissions waiting for review.
- Staff, Chris Liedle, KATU News, and KATU com (2019-02-05). "Oregon teen gun-control activist to attend State of the Union". KATU. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Across the Country, Student Organizers Prepare For March For Our Lives". Alternet.org. 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- Kopp, Emily; Kopp, Emily (2019-02-04). "Guest list: Here's who you'll see at the State of the Union". Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "March for Our Lives Portland", Wikipedia, 2019-08-01, retrieved 2019-08-04
- News, Nate Bynum, KATU (2018-05-18). "Youth organizers demand action after latest school shooting". KATU. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- Wong, Peter. "Bonamici praises passage of gun check bill". https://joomlakave.com. Retrieved 2019-08-04. External link in
- Columnist, Guest (2019-02-27). "Opinion: With Oregon voting, 16 should be the new 18". oregonlive.com. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- Goddard, Alexandria. "My View: Make room for young to guide leadership". https://joomlakave.com. Retrieved 2019-08-04. External link in
- "Portland State Associated Students of Portland State University | News". community.pdx.edu. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "March for Our Lives student organizer delivers impassioned speech". KGW. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "'We're coming for you': Students call out lawmakers during March for Our Lives speeches". KGW. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- Speakers #MarchForOurLivesPDX #MarchForOurLives Portland, Oregon, retrieved 2019-08-04
- "Watch: Portgual. The Man performs at Portland March for Our Lives". KGW. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Portland 'March for Our Lives': Times are a-changing". KOIN.com. 2018-03-24. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- Bonamici, Suzanne (2019-02-04). "My guest to the State of the Union this year is Alexandria Goddard, a courageous student advocate for gun violence prevention who helped organize Portland's March for Our Lives. https://bonamici.house.gov/media/press-releases/bonamici-invites-oregon-student-leader-gun-violence-prevention-2019-state-union … #SOTU". @RepBonamici. Retrieved 2019-08-04. External link in
- "Bonamici Invites Oregon Student Leader for Gun Violence Prevention to 2019 State of the Union". Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici. 2019-02-04. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- Haynes, Dana. "Ms. Goddard goes to Washington". https://joomlakave.com. Retrieved 2019-08-04. External link in
- "Meet 20 Gun Violence Survivors, Advocates Attending Tonight's State of the Union Address". Giffords. 2019-02-05. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "Gun Violence Survivors Attend SOTU As Push For Background Checks Intensifies". news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
- "SB 808 2019 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System". Retrieved Aug 4, 2019.
- "Senate Committee On Health Care 2019-04-03 1:00 PM - Apr 3rd, 2019". oregon.granicus.com. Retrieved 2019-08-04.