|Submission declined on 13 August 2019 by talk). (|
This submission's references do not show that the subject qualifies for a Wikipedia article—that is, they do not show significant coverage (not just passing mentions) about the subject in published, reliable, secondary sources that are independent of the subject (see the guidelines for academics). Before any resubmission, additional references meeting these criteria should be added (see technical help and learn about mistakes to avoid when addressing this issue). If no additional references exist, the subject is not suitable for Wikipedia.
Declined by 41 days ago. Last edited by JJMC89 29 days ago. Reviewer: Inform author.
|Education||University of Sofia (MA, PhD)|
|Thesis||Philosophical Foundations of Descartes’ Logic (1996)|
|logic, philosophy of art, moral philosophy|
Alexander Gungov is a Bulgarian philosopher and Professor of Logic and Continental Philosophy at University of Sofia. He is the editor of Sofia Philosophical Review. Gungov is known for his expertise on Giambattista Vico's thought and philosophy of medicine.
Gungov received his MA in Philosophy and English from the University of Sofia in 1986 and his Ph. D. in Philosophy in 1996. As a Fulbright Fellow, He studied at the Center for Vico Studies at Emory University under the supervision of Donald Phillip Verene. He is married to Maria Dimitrova, professor of social philosophy at Sofia University.
- Patient Safety: The Relevance of Logic in Medical Care, ibidem Press, 2018
- Normativity: Contemporary Challenges, Co-editor with Valentina Kaneva and Ognian Kasabov, Sofia University Press 2013
- Logic in Medicine: Approaches to Patient Safety, Avangard, 2012
- The Addressees of the EU Internal and External Policies: De Jure and De Facto, Co-Editor with Karim Mamdani, Sofia University Press, 2011
- Rights and Values in Expanding Europe: Mutual Enrichment through Different Traditions, Co-Editor with Karim Mamdani, Sofia University Press, 2011
- Logic of Deception, Avangard Prima Press, 2004,
- Late 20th Century American Philosophy: An Anthology, Prosveta Press, 1995
- An Anthology of Philosophy, Co-Editor with Ivan Kolev and Dimka Gicheva, Prosveta Press, 1992
- "Alexander Gungov". ResearchGate.
- "Alexander Gungov". Google Scholar Citations.
- "International Affairs: Fulbright fellow comes to Emory, attracted to reputation, scholarship of Vico Institute". Emory Report. 51 (37). August 9, 1999.
Category:Bulgarian philosophers Category:Philosophy academics Category:Living people Category:Philosophers of logic Category:Continental philosophers Category:Moral philosophers Category:Date of birth missing (living people) Category:Sofia University alumni Category:Sofia University faculty Category:Bulgarian logicians Category:Descartes scholars Category:Husserl scholars Category:Fulbright Scholars
|This Bulgarian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|