|Draft article not currently submitted for review.
This is a draft Articles for creation (AfC) submission. It is not currently pending review. There are no deadlines as long as you are actively improving the submission. Drafts not being improved may be deleted after six months.
Note: The submission-received box will appear at the bottom of the page at first. If it's there, your draft has been submitted correctly.
|Founded||June 16, 2009Bangalore, Indiain|
|Founders||Onkar Singh, CEO|
Prakash Gupta CTO
42Gears is a privately held software company headquartered in Bangalore, India offering enterprise mobility management and Unified Endpoint Management system tools to customers via software as a service and on-premises software.
As of 2019 the company maintains offices in Fremont, California and Manchester, UK as well as Bangalore. A 2019 Gartner report states that "42Gears enjoys a global presence, with its solution increasingly deployed to advance digital business and digital workplace initiatives. The solution is known to cater to the needs of multiple verticals, including education, healthcare, retail, financial services, hospitality, airlines, telecommunications and manufacturing." According to Forrester Research, in 2019 their top three verticals (by revenue %) were healthcare, retail, and education.
42Gears' primary objective is to improve workforce productivity and reduce device maintenance costs. 42Gears offers a range of enterprise mobility management (EMM) and unified endpoint management (UEM) solutions (offered as either software-as-a-service or on-premises software) which are used by businesses to manage their mobility deployments. 42Gears works with smartphones, tablets, printers, rugged devices, laptops, wearables and desktops.
42Gears has progressed from a focus on managed and locked-down devices to support for bring your own device (BYOD) and corporate-owned, privately enabled (COPE) devices and is used by organizations that seek a UEM solution to manage a diverse array of company-owned PCs, mobile devices, ruggedized devices and wearables in a single console, with support for nontraditional, legacy and emerging platforms.
Awards & Lists
|2011||NASSCOM Emerge 50 India|
|2014||Red Herring Asia Top 100|
|Jio Economic Times Start-up Award|
|Deloitte Technology Fast50|
|2016||Deloitte Technology Fast 50|
|2017||CIO Advisor Top 25 Enterprise Mobility Technology Companies|
|Deloitte Technology Fast 50|
- "Innovators' DNA sets 42Gears apart in the mobile tech scene". India Inc. India Inc. Group Ltd. July 26, 2019. Retrieved August 21, 2019.
- Anusha Ashwin (August 2, 2017). "42Gears to manage employee mobile data usage". Voice & Data. Cyber Media (India) Ltd. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- "A new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turned into an innovation: 42Gears Mobility Systems". The Silicon Review. December 2017. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- Roue, Lucy (September 4, 2017). "Indian mobile software specialist sets up Manchester base". Manchester Evening News. MEN Media. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- "Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools". Gartner. August 6, 2019. Retrieved August 21, 2019.
- Andrew Hewitt (June 13, 2019). Now Tech: Unified Endpoint Management Q2 2019 (Report). Forrester Research. p. 10.
- Hannah, Tess (April 10, 2019). "42Gears Makes Improvements to its Mobile Email Management Platform". Solution Reviews. Solution Reviews. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- "MDM with smartwatch management & AI? 42Gears drives EMM's future". MobileVillage. PDA, Inc. Retrieved August 22, 2019.