2019 Rugby League World Cup 9s
|2019World Cup 9s|
|Number of teams||12 (men)|
|Matches played||21 (men)|
The 2019 Rugby League World Cup 9s will be the first staging of the Rugby League World Cup 9s tournament and will take place in Australia on 18 and 19 October 2019. The tournament will feature teams from 12 Rugby League International Federation member countries, 4 of which will also field teams in a women's tournament. The tournament will take place at Sydney's Bankwest Stadium.
- 9 players per team
- 9 minute halves with a 2-minute half time
- Quicker restarts of play with limited stoppages in games
- Bonus Zone Tries — 5 points for a try if you score under the goal
- Conversions are drop kicks
- Tackle Count for a team in possession is 5 tackles (One less than normal)
- In addition to the standard 40/20, there will also be a 20/40
- Golden Try to determine the winner of matches which goes to Extra Time
- Sin bins will be only three minutes instead of 10 minutes
|Pool A||Pool B||Pool C|
Papua New Guinea
The draw was announced on 4 August 2019.
|Country or region||Broadcaster||Broadcasting|
|Australia||Fox Sports||All 28 matches live (via Fox League or streamed on Kayo Sports)|
- Hazlewood, Scott (22 April 2019). "Bankwest bonanza: Teams announced for World Cup Nines". NRL.com. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- "Pools confirmed for RLIF Nines World Cup". RLIF.com. 22 July 2019. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- "Old rivals to kick-off World Nines tournament". NRL.com. 4 August 2019. Retrieved 4 August 2019.