Downtown Russett, Maryland in November 2007.
RUSSETT MARYLAND Latitude and Longitude:
|Country||United States of America|
|• Type||Homeowners' association (7-member elected board of directors)|
|• Total||2.48 km2 (0.96 sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST ( UTC-5)|
|• Summer ( DST)||EDT ( UTC-4)|
Russett is an unincorporated planned community of 613 acres (2.48 km2) within the Maryland City CDP in far-western Anne Arundel County, Maryland, near the city of Laurel. It is situated in a park-like setting complemented by 12 miles (19 km) of walking trails and a 70-acre (280,000 m2) lake nature preserve. About 13,000 residents live in Russett, which is divided into 21 residential neighborhoods and includes seven commercial rental properties. The community of single-family homes, condominiums, and townhouses is nearly built out to a capacity of 3,600 units. Two neighborhoods are under construction. 
The Russett Community Association, Inc. (RCA) is the homeowners' association (HOA), and all homeowners are members. Annual HOA fees paid by homeowners fund an annual $2.5 million budget, which goes toward maintenance of playgrounds; a tot lot; tennis, basketball and beach volleyball courts; four pools and a pool house; walking trails; a community center; and private security. The county opened a police substation near the community in 2006. 
Except for condominiums, which have their own board of directors, each neighborhood has a committee with up to three members (elected at the annual RCA meeting). These three elect a chairperson who serves as the voting member. Representatives from all neighborhoods meet monthly and advise on community issues, with voting members deciding on changes to community documents, special fee assessments, and membership in the Board of Directors. 
Within Russett is a $4.3 million library operated by Anne Arundel County Public Library. Completed in 1998, The Maryland City at Russett Branch is more than 15,000 square feet (1,400 m2) – or four times the size of its shuttered predecessor – with an initial collection of 80,000 items. The project was built on 2 acres (8,100 m2) donated by the developer, Russett Community Limited Partnership (RCLP).
Russett is bordered by the Little Patuxent River and 70-acre (280,000 m2) Oxbow Lake Nature Preserve,  which attracts waterfowl and birds. Part of Russett’s land holdings is an undisturbed 78-acre (320,000 m2) parcel under the control of the Anne Arundel County Board of Education.
Today, even with a downturn in the real-estate market, condominiums are selling for more than $250,000; townhouses for at least $325,000; and larger single-family homes for more than $500,000.
Russett faces growth pressures triggered by the 2005 base realignment and closure process (known as BRAC). About 22,000 defense workers are expected to relocate to nearby Fort Meade over the next several years. About 100 to 150 households will move to Russett over that period because of BRAC, according to state projections. 
Russett is within the 20724 ZIP Code and falls within Maryland State Senate and House of Delegates District 32. The community also lies within Maryland's Third Congressional District and Anne Arundel County's 4th Council District. 
The community is served by Anne Arundel County Public Schools and several private schools.
- Monarch Global Academy Contract School, a new contract school serving the Russett Community. The school serves children in grades K–6.
- Brock Bridge Elementary School. The school serves children in grades K–5.
- Maryland City Elementary School. The school serves children in grades P-K5.
- MacArthur Middle School. The school serves children in grades 6–8.
- Meade Middle School. The school serves children in grades 6–8.
- Chesapeake Science Point Charter School, a charter school that serves the Russett Community. The school serves children in grades 6–12.
- St. Mary of the Mills. This is a private school that serves children in grades K–8.
- Bethel Christian Academy. This is a private school that serves children in grades PK–8.
- Meade High School. The school serves children in grades 9–12. Meade is home to the 2015 Men's Basketball 4A State Champions. 
- St. Vincent Pallotti High School. This is a private school that serves students in grades 9–12. Pallotti is home to the 2014 Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association C Conference Football Champions. 
RUSSETT MARYLAND INFORMATION
POPULAR VIDEOS AND PHOTOS
POPULAR ONLINE SOURCESGoogle | Yahoo | Bing | DuckDuckGo | Ask | Aol | Facebook | Twitter | Linkedin | The New York Times | Yelp | Buzzfeed | US Weekly | RollingStone | WebMD | The Verge | HubPages | PlayBuzz | ESPN